Special New Thomas & Friends Products Announcement

Started by InsideTrack, July 12, 2019, 10:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeky_ULP

I wouldn't count on a big tender engine like Rebecca being made anytime soon. We'd sooner get Hiro if that option was on the table.

Sodor Engineer

I 100% hate Nia and Rebeca cuz they kicked Edward and Henry out of the show. >:(
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

Chaz

Quote from: Ronniethe14xxx on August 08, 2019, 03:05:53 PM
Actually, most people seem to like Rebecca, Nia is more of a 50/50 split

We've been over this before, Nia and Rebecca are both not popular characters (in a good way that is) with both the older audience and even the current generation of Thomas fans because of their forced insertion and how they've been handled as "characters".  Even parents I've seen at train shows or at work are still complaining about Edward and Henry being written off and how poorly Mattel handled the introduction(s) of these "characters" in place of two of the main cast. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Metal

Nia and Rebeeca are considered Mary Sues of Thomas. In short, think of them like how Rey is to Star Wars.

Sodor Engineer

WHY MATTEL WHY did you give up EDWARD >:( for this https://2.bp.blogspot.com/--zqH78HAy1s/W5pPz7F_a6I/AAAAAAAARd0/NuW17U0QcqMtdiYI2Lk_b025ZiKoowtBQCLcBGAs/s400/MainNiaCGI.png
  THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH EDWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All the fans be like >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

TerencetheTractor525

I'm sure that Bachmann is well aware that the majority of Thomas fans despise Nia and Rebecca. As Chaz stated, it is something that we have gone through multiple times. When I stated "popular", I was not only referring to the amount of fans who want the engine to be made in the Bachmann line. I was also referring to their amount of appearances on the show today (this being the case for Nia & Rebecca, as they are main characters on the show now). I apologize for not making that more clear. Yet, even if fans wanted Bachmann to make Nia and Rebecca, both of their toolings would be very expensive to make (much more than Stepney and Ryan, both of whom fans would like to see a Bachmann model of), which is why I don't think that either would be feasible to begin with.

Hence, instead of wasting space on the forum with comments on Nia and Rebecca, let's get back on topic.
1. Are you more excited for Daisy or Peter Sam?
2. What are your thoughts on Bachmann announcing Stepney in February 2020?
Please look at this new thread if you have not done so yet: https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,35991.0.html

Thank you so much!
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Sodor Engineer

Okay but if Bachmann ever will announce them I will never buy them.

But lets just be happy with the announcements cuz I am so happy about them.

JLK2707

It is just a great thing that bachmann has never announced these engines!