STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2020, 09:31:37 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Bachmann Daisy Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: The Bachmann Daisy Thread  (Read 5223 times)
Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2020, 03:20:04 PM »

Wasn't aware of her iisted weight/other info. That's very comforting. I guess I'm still scarred by LS Diesel...

Check out my Youtube channel, TheBlueSnowplow!
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2020, 04:16:57 PM »

Cancelling Daisy would just be Bachmann saying no to such great potential sales.

After thinking about how the eye mechanism could work, it's not that hard. The front motor inside the mold can lay on its side, connected to a gear that connects to the eye mechanism, and that gear can be on a rod that has another gear at the other end of the rod that connects to the bogie wheels. That's how the eye mechanism can work, despite Daisy not having a fixed chassis.

Is anyone else worried about Daisy being cancelled like Large Scale Diesel was? It's possible Daisy could cost more than other models in the HO range, but high prices didn't stop the Narrow Gauge range from being successful. I'm pretty sure Diesel was cancelled in Large Scale because Large Scale in general is in a really tight spot.

My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, Black James, and BoCo.
Zekeism

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2020, 04:34:01 PM »

Sorry to go off topic, does anyone know what date is Toy Fair?

Proud Bachmann Thomas Collector.
Rodimus Supreme

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2020, 02:21:59 PM »

Sorry to go off topic, does anyone know what date is Toy Fair?
February 22nd-25th/26th.
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2020, 06:07:38 PM »

Like I said, Bachmann cancelling Daisy would just be them saying no to such great potential sales of a highly-anticipated product.

They wouldn't just hype everyone up over a highly popular request getting announced, with everyone saving up for it, only to throw it away, and dash everyone's hopes. It would be foolish of Bachmann to cancel Daisy. A lot of people, including myself, have been saving up for her. Like I said in another post, she's actually listed on Bachmann's web store, with a shipping weight, and a statement saying she performs best on 18" radius curves or greater.

At the very worst, Daisy could end up getting delayed, rather than cancelled completely. It took two years for Bachmann to get Oliver and Rusty out there, most likely because of certain complications behind the models, including their size/scaling. In Daisy's case, people think it would be very difficult to get her eye mechanism to work, all because she doesn't have a fixed chassis. I explained in an earlier post how Daisy's eye mechanism could work without being too difficult.

My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, Black James, and BoCo.
AnAverageThomasFan

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2020, 09:45:57 PM »

I know itís unlikely, but When the Bachmann Daisy model gets revealed, PLEASE have clear windows. I donít care if it shows the motor.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: