News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Bachmann Daisy Thread

Started by TerencetheTractor525, July 12, 2019, 11:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainFan97

For the Toy Fair in 2020, Stepney would be a much more exciting announcement than LBSC Thomas, or Sidney. Although, LBSC Thomas would be a better Thomas repaint than Celebration Thomas was. I wouldn't care if Stepney gets delayed like Oliver. Unlike LBSC Thomas, Black James, or Sidney, Stepney would be another new tooling instead of another recolor. The past three years have been nothing but recolors/variations getting announced. I'm sure Bachmann is aware that we've been getting tired of recolors, but I also know that the budget for new toolings hadn't been there lately. With Bachmann releasing the HO Scale Thomas models in the UK, it should really help them make more engines with new toolings. Making new toolings that people actually ask for is certainly going to give Bachmann the sales they need. I wouldn't BET on another new tooling being announced at the Toy Fair next February, but it is the 75th Anniversary. I know what was just announced is already coming in 2020. There's a very good chance the 2020 Toy Fair announcements will be minimal, possibly with another recolor, but I'll be okay with it.

Daisy having silver windows certainly isn't going to be a dealbreaker at all. All the other diesels in the HO range have silver windows, but that doesn't bother me one bit. Besides, having opaque windows would hide Daisy's motors and eye mechanism. Both of Daisy's coupling hooks would be attached to her bogies no doubt, so any rolling stock that Daisy is pushing or pulling can turn tighter. She can finally pull that mail car she refused to take, or the milk she frequently leaves behind because of pulling being "bad for her swerves." The Railcar and the Coaches was the first time Daisy was actually seen pulling rolling stock.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

JLK2707

Yeah. I wonder why she just hates pulling rolling stock....

Angelob6660

Quote from: JLK2707 on July 22, 2019, 05:00:24 AM
Yeah. I wonder why she just hates pulling rolling stock....

It's bad for her swerves. Daisy says she require delicate handling and pulling trucks and vans to be below her.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

JLK2707

Yeah. I wonder if this could explain why she is just so rude to Annie, Clarabel and Henrietta....

Sodor Engineer

I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

TrainFan97

Daisy and Peter Sam already have their product weights listed. It's possible that they could be in the unpainted stage, but we may not see their images until the 2020 catalog gets released next February. It would be a surprise if their images get revealed before 2020, but we know they're not releasing before 2020, as stated by InsideTrack. Daisy will most likely arrive in stock next summer at the earliest. Even after images get revealed, it can take many months for products to actually get in stock.

Red Rosie should be in stock anytime now. We should soon get the final images of the new open wagons, and the log flatbed (I'm pretty sure the images in the catalog were pre-production models), which are products that should be out this year.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Sodor Engineer

Hay did anyone else see that after Daisy was seen in CGI there has bin no merchandise for Daisy so it's really cool to see Bachmann are going to make her :)
     here is a link to her merchandise page
https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/Daisy/Merchandise

JLK2707

Should just be interesting, considering she is quite popular.

TerencetheTractor525

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLNlAHG6suM

I have pasted a link to a video showcasing a custom Daisy model that a Thomas modeler, TopKaz Fatt, made many years ago. While the facial expression is a little bit odd, it is amazing that the custom model consists of moving eyes and operating headlights. I also love the fact that the model has transparent windows, even though the interior exposes some wires. Seeing that makes me wish that the Bachmann model will have transparent windows, even though most people currently feel that it is unlikely.

One other thing I have been wondering is if Daisy's face will have eyelashes. Personally, I would be completely fine if Bachmann does not bother to include them.

What are everyone's thoughts?
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Sodor Engineer

Honestly I don't know what Bachmann will do with eyelashes I think that they will just print them on to the face but we will have to wait and see.

Zekeism

I could see the eyelashes being molded onto the face.

I wonder how many people will use Daisy's face for BoCo customs?
Proud Bachmann Thomas Collector.

TerencetheTractor525

While thinking more about how the Bachmann Daisy's windows might turn out, I wonder if an additional possibility would be for only the front windows to be blacked out, while still keeping the side windows transparent, like Gordon's express coaches. I have heard other Thomas fans suggest this, and although I was not too sure if it would be a good idea at first, it may be nice compromise. This means that the model could still have see-through windows, and still block out the eye mechanism. What are everyone's thoughts on this? 

Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Angelob6660

I think it might be the Trolley street car. With a silhouette people sitting down behind a bright light between the transparent tile.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Ok, this is most likely unfounded, but is anyone else scared that Daisy may be cancelled? I keep thinking about the logistics of her mould, eye mech, etc and it's so different from anything we've seen in the Thomas range thus far that I have this irrational fear that Bachmann will just throw their hands up and cancel her. Totally random thought but figured I'd share to see if I had any sympathizers.
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

TrainFan97

I highly doubt Daisy would get cancelled. The fact that she's actually listed on the website, even shows a product weight, and says "performs best on 18" radius curves or greater" Bachmann wouldn't just cancel a highly-requested model in HO Scale. People have wanted Daisy for years, and she was just announced last year. Bachmann wouldn't want to crush everyone's hopes and dreams by cancelling such a highly-anticipated model.