News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Bachmann Daisy Thread

Started by TerencetheTractor525, July 12, 2019, 11:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Wasn't aware of her iisted weight/other info. That's very comforting. I guess I'm still scarred by LS Diesel...
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

TrainFan97

Cancelling Daisy would just be Bachmann saying no to such great potential sales.

After thinking about how the eye mechanism could work, it's not that hard. The front motor inside the mold can lay on its side, connected to a gear that connects to the eye mechanism, and that gear can be on a rod that has another gear at the other end of the rod that connects to the bogie wheels. That's how the eye mechanism can work, despite Daisy not having a fixed chassis.

Is anyone else worried about Daisy being cancelled like Large Scale Diesel was? It's possible Daisy could cost more than other models in the HO range, but high prices didn't stop the Narrow Gauge range from being successful. I'm pretty sure Diesel was cancelled in Large Scale because Large Scale in general is in a really tight spot.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Zekeism

Sorry to go off topic, does anyone know what date is Toy Fair?
Proud Bachmann Thomas Collector.

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: Zekeism on January 29, 2020, 03:34:01 PM

Sorry to go off topic, does anyone know what date is Toy Fair?
February 22nd-25th/26th.

TrainFan97

Like I said, Bachmann cancelling Daisy would just be them saying no to such great potential sales of a highly-anticipated product.

They wouldn't just hype everyone up over a highly popular request getting announced, with everyone saving up for it, only to throw it away, and dash everyone's hopes. It would be foolish of Bachmann to cancel Daisy. A lot of people, including myself, have been saving up for her. Like I said in another post, she's actually listed on Bachmann's web store, with a shipping weight, and a statement saying she performs best on 18" radius curves or greater.

At the very worst, Daisy could end up getting delayed, rather than cancelled completely. It took two years for Bachmann to get Oliver and Rusty out there, most likely because of certain complications behind the models, including their size/scaling. In Daisy's case, people think it would be very difficult to get her eye mechanism to work, all because she doesn't have a fixed chassis. I explained in an earlier post how Daisy's eye mechanism could work without being too difficult.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

GordonPacific04

I know it's unlikely, but When the Bachmann Daisy model gets revealed, PLEASE have clear windows. I don't care if it shows the motor.

TerencetheTractor525

With the mid-year announcements coming soon, I thought that it would be fun to bring back this thread again.

While looking through the Bachmann website, I must state that it is extremely interesting that Daisy's biography is based on the original episodes from the model series, and not the CGI era: https://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=756_772_774&products_id=7196&zenid=hgsasbtuqjcb06jhpqkm2a6fp3

Personally, I specifically love that the biography states that Daisy was built to work on Thomas' Branch Line after "Thomas came to breakfast" ;).

Thus, this makes me wonder if there is a possibility that the Bachmann Daisy could be based on her model series design, with a bigger face as one notable difference: https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/Daisy/Behind_the_Scenes

Furthermore, with the Thomas television series now going on hiatus after Season 24, the chances of Bachmann basing their models on the model series instead of the CGI series seems much more likely.

Overall, as someone who has always preferred the model series designs over the designs from CGI series, I would be ecstatic if the Bachmann Daisy could be based on the design from the model series. And just for fun, here are some links to memorable episodes with Daisy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buZGoYwxLFU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCjg3MNHgnc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UVYmMF1cgY
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

TrainFan97

Daisy's biography was added, but still no price yet.

I wouldn't bet on her being based on her model series design. Besides, Daisy's CGI render is actually good. I know many are hoping she would have clear windows, but I wouldn't build up hope for that, since all diesels in the HO range have silver windows. If that's the case for Daisy, I certainly won't consider that a dealbreaker. I'll just be glad to add her to my collection. I know her coupling hooks would have to be attached to her bogies, just like the tender engines.

TerencetheTractor525

Last night, I found this gem by TopKazFatt that is unfortunately no longer on YouTube, and I thought that it would be nice to share it here on the forum, while Daisy is getting made by Bachmann.

https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2007228

It is amazing that back in 2008, most of us could only dream of having a high quality Daisy model in HO. Yet, with the Bachmann model announced, it is finally becoming a reality.

Here's hoping that the same can happen next month with an announcement of Stepney too :).

GordonPacific04

I think that there's a possibility that they will base her face off the classic series because there hasn't ever been any new daisy merchandise with the new face. Might just be wishful thinking though. I can see it going With either The classic or cgi face.

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: AnAverageThomasFan on June 27, 2020, 12:51:28 PM
I think that there's a possibility that they will base her face off the classic series because there hasn't ever been any new daisy merchandise with the new face. Might just be wishful thinking though. I can see it going With either The classic or cgi face.
As far as I know, there's also been no Daisy merchandise at all since her return.

FfarquharStudios

I Hope Bachmann decides to release Daisy Very Early next year in her Original Model Railway series look please Bachmann NO CGI FACES PLEASE !!! we like nostalgia most of you're product is being bought by people like me who grew up from Thomas from the 80's and 90's we want Model Railway Faces not CGI please thank you !

TrainFan97

I'd be okay with either Daisy's model, or CGI designs being used for her Bachmann model. The only issue I see with her model series design is that her bufferbeam is notably low, but it can be raised to allow coupling hooks on both ends. If Daisy gets made in her model series design, Bachmann can reuse her rear bogie to make BoCo. For BoCo, they'd just need to make a six-wheeled bogie for the front, and his body. Still a good chance Daisy will be made in her CGI design though, given the illustration. Most of the time, the final product looks like the illustration.

Given Daisy's delay, it shows Bachmann is taking their time to give us a good quality product, and not something rushed. Still hoping Daisy is ready in time for the Toy Fair in February, so she can be on display, or Bachmann gives us an unpainted sneak peek possibly later this year. It took two years for Bachmann to get Oliver and Rusty out there. The same is most likely the case for Daisy. It's taking Bachmann four years to get Large Scale Diesel out there since he was first announced, due to being cancelled, and then recently brought back by popular demand.

MrNormalDraws

I personally would go with the CGI render as I like how the buffer beams are more in height and the face is slightly smaller compare to Boco. At least if Bachmann does make Boco, then it would make it a bit less lazy for them to just remold the same face (remember how Arry and Bert failed because there's hardly any changes to the faces?).

As for whenever or not they should show the eye mechs, I don't really care as some details like that aren't something I dawdle on unless it's a defect on the item.

TerencetheTractor525

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfXp5dL4fYs

Check this out, if you haven't already. This only makes me more excited about the fact that Bachmann is making Daisy :).