News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Bachmann Daisy Thread

Started by TerencetheTractor525, July 12, 2019, 11:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerencetheTractor525

While looking closely at Daisy's prop from the model series that now resides at Drayton Manor, it seems that Daisy's eyelashes are drawn on. This is a change from the original model (which included separate eyelashes) that I did not notice until someone posted a close-up pic of the model on Twitter. After looking at this pic, if separate eyelashes are not feasible for face of the Bachmann Daisy, I hope that it will at least consist of drawn eyelashes.
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Hilux5972

Since the update announcement has been made for Feb 18th, bumping this in the hopes we see some updates to Daisy. At the very least a first EP would be great.

Hilux5972

Here's hoping we see a tooling sample of Daisy in the video in a few hours.

thomasj219

Looks like we're getting a Painted Sample of Daisy tomorrow......

A little birdie told me  ;) ;D

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

TerencetheTractor525

Yes! Here's the link to the post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CO_Ae3SDGzC/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Very excited to see the painted sample of our favorite diesel railcar in HO scale, Bachmann's first long, bogied diesel with moving eyes! ;D
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Angelob6660

Too bad I can't see it. I don't have instagram.

Maybe they'll post a picture down the line.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Kemptown Branch

I am so glad to hear about this! And James, too!
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

TrainFan97

I hate that Instagram started forcing you to sign up just to view anything on their site.

It's great that N Scale James and HO Scale Daisy are both finally being revealed fully painted very soon.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Mulfred100

Fully painted sample screen grabs of Daisy

Hilux5972

Thanks. I tried posting pics but it kept saying upload folder full.

Chaz

Daisy looks terrific!  Bachmann did a great job capturing her CGI appearance and her molded windows honestly don't really bother me all that much.  It's a model I have on preorder already and I can imagine she is going to sell out very, very quickly.  Looking forward to doing a usual review on the model when she is out.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Falcon the 2nd

At long last, we have some product updates!

Daisy is shaping up to be an incredible model, and her painted form looks quite clean and crisp. The only flaw that I can possibly think of are the solid windows, but even then, it's not a deal breaker in any way. I'm glad that Daisy is coming along very well and I eagerly await her release like many other fans are.
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van

TrainFan97

It's about time! Both HO Scale Daisy and N Scale James have finally been revealed fully painted.

Really looking forward to picking them both up. They should be available later this year. Their images should be posted to the webstore soon. Can't wait for high quality images of both products. Especially Daisy.

Still no update on Peter Sam.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

clrp5150

Daisy looks great! I honestly really like her molded windows because not only is it consistent with the other diesel engines of the range, but it also hides the motors and/or wires from view. I probably won't get her for a few years, because I only have 10 engines and need to catch up with everyone
Personal wishlist:
Locomotives: Stepney, Murdoch and Stanley
Rolling stock: Tar Tanker and Red Express coaches rerelease, Spencer's brake coach and the breakdown train
Buildings: Tidmouth Sheds and Knapford Station rerelease, as well as the watermill

TrainFan97

I hope it doesn't take too much longer for Daisy's image to be posted on the webstore, or high quality images to show up. Either that was a pre-production model, or that was the final model. Most likely the former. I, as well as many other people, are anxious to finally get their hands on a model of Daisy. She is the first long diesel with bogies to have moving eyes. A character Hornby never made. It's the first piece of merchandise Daisy is ACTUALLY getting since her return in CGI.

Apparently, Daisy's TrackMaster model was cancelled because Daisy was never really seen pulling cars, and they didn't know what cars to include with her. This is stupid because Diesel 10 was never seen pulling cars either, and he got TrackMaster models.

At least Daisy is getting a Bachmann model, which should definitely be available later this year; most likely fall. After that, we're getting Ryan. It's possible we may see Ryan by the end of this year considering he already has a price, which is a sign they've been working on him well before he was announced. Ryan will be the largest steam engine in the HO range in quite some time.

Because Diesel 10's claw breeches NMRA standards (as stated countless other times), the only other long bogie diesel to have even a remote chance is BoCo, another character Hornby never made. Though, the ones Hornby did make are Class 40 and Bear. The former was a one-off character, and the latter never even appeared in the TV Series.