News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Bachmann Daisy Thread

Started by TerencetheTractor525, July 12, 2019, 11:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: thomasj219 on May 30, 2021, 02:52:44 PM
Well isn't that certainly the pot calling the kettle black....

Rodimus, I don't know where you think you are. But that kind of language is not welcome on this forum, nor is your usual hostility.

I'm not sure what your issue is, but this is not the place to sort it out.
He knows what this place is, he's been on the forum for over 10 years under different accounts, and has gotten two threads deleted in the last month because of his continued behavior. I'm not getting why this is happening a third time already. One would think a forum veteran would know how to behave without the needs for moderators to get involved. Most of us are grown adults who know how to cooperate and behave on social media.

But really, let me address the matter more directly; BoCo is what I would consider an "unlikely" engine. However, any business runs through supply and demand. If there's a sudden, overwhelming demand for a product of some kind, the odds of that product being made increase. Take note of something like... SpongeBob "meme" toys. Nickelodeon, on their own, would probably never think twice to make toys based on those specific moments from SpongeBob. However, since they became popular with people they know consume SpongeBob media and products, opened the opportunity for them to make merchandise based off those memes. It's a broad example, but the principle applies in general to most things; customers enjoy and want something, brands make merchandise of it.

TrainFan97

We don't need anymore disharmony here.

Anyways, Bachmann might consider BoCo if the demand for him is strong enough, like Stepney's. If Stepney gets announced in the near future, that would be the perfect time for BoCo's demand to surge, especially now that bogie diesels are in the picture. If fans are vocal enough about wanting BoCo, Bachmann might acknowledge his demand like they did for Stepney. Both of them are characters that never appeared in the CGI series, and have been requested for many years.

Unlike Stepney, BoCo never even got a Hornby model.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

ScrumptiouslySouthern

Quote from: Rodimus Supreme on May 30, 2021, 01:29:56 PM
And yet you're opening your mouth to stir things up because you think you're superior to people. Shut up.
I almost shed a tear... :'(

Everyone here knows what you're like Rodimus, and as far as I can see, most of them are sick of it. People are allowed to have opinions, so put on your big boy pants or you might as well just get off the forum, because your constant bullying, harassment, and arrogance is out of line and is getting old real fast.
My Greedy Little Wish List: BoCo, Stepney, Porter, & Sir Handel

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Rodimus is no longer with us...
Sorry...
the Bach-man

TrainFan97

Now that Rodimus got canned, we can get back on topic without anymore disharmony. He's gotten a few threads taken down from starting flame wars.

Anyway, HO Scale Daisy turned out so great, I've already been wanting to see an N Scale model of her, but we may not get any side characters in the N Scale range until we get all eight members of the original Steam Team first. If N Scale Daisy eventually does happen, Bachmann can just scale her HO Scale tooling down to N Scale. Right now, the #1 priority for N Scale is Edward.

For more long bogie diesels in the HO Scale range, I'm sure Bachmann could figure out a way to get Diesel 10's claw incorporated, though he would use a different chassis than Daisy. Regarding the claw, Bachmann has done non-Thomas breakdown cranes and electric engines with pantographs that stick out the top, so it could be possible. Diesel 10 would of course have his not-so-scary CGI face. Bachmann may have considered Diesel 10 years ago, but never actually came into fruition. With long bogie diesels now in the picture, Diesel 10 could be reconsidered.

HO Scale BoCo seems more likely because the rear bogie could be modified from Daisy's, but he needs a six-wheeled bogie at the front. He would be Bachmann's first ever diesel with a "Co-Bo" configuration. The only problem with BoCo is that he never appeared in the CGI series, nor the show itself in over two decades. Before the CGI series, it's unknown why the producers never used his model again, even though it did survive past Magic Railroad. They could've rendered BoCo for the CGI series, but it never happened because Mattel would rather put out their resources to half-baked international characters. I've waited YEARS for BoCo to return in the CGI series, but now it's not gonna happen, no thanks to the embarrassing disaster "Big World Big Adventures" which killed the show, but that's a completely different topic. Stepney being announced should help to raise BoCo's chances for the HO Scale range.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Chaz

Quote from: TrainFan97 on June 05, 2021, 01:28:21 AM
Stepney being announced should help to raise BoCo's chances for the HO Scale range.

I'm on a similar boat myself.  For now, I'm waiting to see if Stepney will be introduced first since all the hype and demand for him is clearly there.  At this point I think it's just a matter of whether or not Mattel will approve it.  Once Stepney gets approved then I could see more non-CG characters eventually being considered like BoCo, Duke, Arthur, and so on.  Either way, I think it will really open up the door for Bachmann to introduce more nostalgic characters and continue to get strong sales, but for now I'm willing to give it one day at a time with Stepney first.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TrainFan97

I now have the BoCo and Diesel 10 topic in its own thread, so that conversation can continue there.

ScrumptiouslySouthern

Still no proper shots of Daisy yet? :-\
My Greedy Little Wish List: BoCo, Stepney, Porter, & Sir Handel

Hilux5972

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere in the thread yet but it's a running video of Daisy.

https://youtu.be/Ml1zWl16hlE

TrainFan97

Didn't they say the official images of HO Scale Daisy and N Scale James will be posted to the webstore a week ago? It's possible they lied, things came up, or it's taking longer than expected.

metal4life

I'm honestly stunned at how great Daisy turned out. Funnily enough, a number of years ago in a prediction or wishlist thread I'd jotted her down as a most-likely candidate to be produced. However-many years later here we are!  ;D

Huge thanks for Bachmann for continuing to make such faithful models for us fans over the years. Daisy is as true to herself as anyone could have imagined- and as we approach the halfway mark through the year, let's continue to be hopeful for and supportive of Bachmann to continue producing faithful models of our friends.

MrNormalDraws

I'm not sure why the recent posts on Daisy just vanished, but I got her last year and she's one of the best models Bachmann made since getting back into the hobby.