News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2019 Announcements

Started by InsideTrack, July 12, 2019, 12:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsideTrack

bob kaplan

Just to be nit-picky, perhaps.....Did you notice that the Decapod was called a 2-10-2?   Kind of a obvious mistake.   But all is well if you look at the pictures along with the name.

Irbricksceo

I really want to know if the 2-10-0 mechanism was improved at all to justify picking one up vs a new-old stock earlier run at that price
Modeling NYC in N

Trainman203

On the several DCC ones I had, the only mechanism problem was the crosshead guides being a hair too close to the drivers and binding sometimes.  A slight bendout  fixed it.

The engine didn't run smoothly or pull anything because the default DCC decoder settings were direly incorrect. The motor was using up all its energy fighting itself.  Once I finally figured the correct settings out, they ran like champs and would pull 10 or more cars up a straight 2%.

The new decs are getting what appear to be high end luxury decoders, although I'm not familiar with WOW.  Most performance issues have probably been addressed.  We will see.

Irbricksceo

Quote from: Trainman203 on July 15, 2019, 10:21:45 AM
On the several DCC ones I had, the only mechanism problem was the crosshead guides being a hair too close to the drivers and binding sometimes.  A slight bendout  fixed it.

The engine didn't run smoothly or pull anything because the default DCC decoder settings were direly incorrect. The motor was using up all its energy fighting itself.  Once I finally figured the correct settings out, they ran like champs and would pull 10 or more cars up a straight 2%.

The new decs are getting what appear to be high end luxury decoders, although I'm not familiar with WOW.  Most performance issues have probably been addressed.  We will see.

The main reason i was curious was because I have three Connies, two  older Blue-Box (Post Spectrum) DCC Models, and One Newer Sound-Value one (with the brighter white headlight). The SV on runs far  FAR better. its smoother, better at low speeds, pulls better, and is even less prone to stalling on the accidental incline (table isnt level). I was curious if similar advancements have been made.

The older Decapods (early black box runs) which i no longer possess had known issues mechanically including a short from a bent pickup plate (which I had to fix) and the crosshead issue you mentioned, among others, so they were not perfect.
Modeling NYC in N

Terry Toenges

Is there something new about the turntable in the announcements? Has something changed?
Feel like a Mogul.

3rail

Terry,

The turntable comes with a decoder installed.  However, it still includes the analog controller and shorting plug for those that prefer analog control.  The buildings colors have also been changed from the previous release.

3rail

Terry Toenges

Thanks. I was just wondering. Fortunately, someone had already installed a decoder in the used one I bought.
Feel like a Mogul.

Trainman203

Anyone have input comparing the decapod WOW decoder to the Tsunami2-2?

Bachmann appears to have negotiated a better deal with the WOW, but, I've been very satisfied with Soundtraxx products for many years compared to other decoders.  I'm wondering what, if anything, WOW has left out.