News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2019 Announcements

Started by InsideTrack, July 12, 2019, 12:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsideTrack

J. S. Bach

Some nice stuff in HO and On30. Will the On30 2-6-2T also be available without sound also? Thank you.
Later Gator,

Dave

"A fruit is a vegetable with looks and money. Plus, if you let fruit rot, it turns into wine, something Brussels sprouts never do." ~P.J. O'Rourke

Daveebt

I like the new soon to be released On30 2-6-2T.  Renewed confidence that B'mann has not forgotten On30.  I would really love to see an On30 mikado, ala EBT 14 or 15.  I'll post my thoughts on that on a separate thread.

p51

Wow, even US Army cars to go along with the Baldwin trench engine, sweet! I just wish they did them as standard length cars as well. Oh well, I made my own Army boxcars by painting over some boxcars and making my own decals, so I guess I'm good.
But as the Baldwin coming in OD green, they didn't run them in that color. They were grey in WW1 and sometime in the 30s, got painted to black.
There's a similar type of locomotive at Fort Benning at the WW2 area of the infantry museum, incorrectly painted in OD green. I guess they based it on that.
I'll be getting a black one and adding my own decals...
-Lee

Ken Clark

Not sure why Bachmann has labeled them as Baldwin Class 10, as the 2-6-2T engines were built by ALCO at the Cooke Locomotive Works. Baldwin Class 10-12-D were 4-6-0T engines.  Bachmann Europe have done the Baldwin 10-12-D in OO9

Ken Clark

Ken Clark

My mistake with previous note, Baldwin built 195 2-6-2T's, no idea of Class though.
  The ALCO 2-6-2T's were built for the British War Dept, the majority of light railways (80%)being operated by
the Canadian Light Railway Corps

Ken Clark

Hamish K

As I understand it, when the USA joined WW1 they adopted, with slight modifications, the 2-6-2t design previously supplied by ALCO to the British War  Department. The US locomotives were built by Baldwin, Vulcan and Davenport. Only Baldwin built locomotives got to France, the war ended before the others could be transported there,

After the war many were sold as war surplus. They were used in many countries in a variety of roles, for example in Australia a couple were used on sugar cane lines.

In the USA they remained in use at Army bases until WW2 or thereabouts, as well as being used by logging and similar operators.

A useful prototype for many types of layout. Many thanks to Bachmann for making them.

Hamish

aussie geoff

Congratulations Bachmann ! On 3 very excellent points . First the New Locomotive is not only your very first truly International Model , but In the year the Great War Ended It is a fitting tribute to those of all nations who served ! 2nd it show to all the disbelievers that the  Bachmann Brand is very committed to ON30 . 3rd  I am certain that the sugar cane modellers will have a field day with these as will I'm sure the kit bashes . Again Well done on your commitment to our preferred scale ! :D

3rail

Quote from: Ken Clark on July 12, 2019, 10:46:26 PM

My mistake with previous note, Baldwin built 195 2-6-2T's, no idea of Class though.
  The ALCO 2-6-2T's were built for the British War Dept, the majority of light railways (80%)being operated by
the Canadian Light Railway Corps

Ken Clark

Ken,

The locomotive is documented in detail in the book Narrow Gauge to No Man's Land By Richard Dunn.

Regards,

3rail

Terry Toenges

Hmmm... 10 years later it came to pass.
https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,5040.0.html
These new ones are kind of cute. What's the minimum radius?
Feel like a Mogul.

dutchbuilder

enlarge the page and be astounded......

Ton