News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Trench/WDLR Products

Started by robertjohndavis, July 13, 2019, 12:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robertjohndavis

I love to see the On30 and 009 trench train lines growing. I am working on a small 009 layout of France 1918 featuring your 4-6-0T's.

The new On30 WDLR 2-6-2T is awesome, but it raises some questions.

Will we see the 2-6-2T added to the 009 line?

The 009 line includes WDLR prototype rolling stock. Will that be added to the On30 line, as well? Bachmann Branchline is also making standard gauge HO Parrot flats and ROS 2-8-0's, will we see these WWI models (including the ambulance train) in O? Or st least available stateside in HO?

Finally, any chance you will make prototype Decauville track for either the On30 or 009 trench trains.

Thanks!

Rob

Hunt

The 009 trench train line not Bachmann Trains product.   Make you interest known to Bachmann Europe Plc

Hamish K

I doubt that Bachman's Europe would make an OO9 version of this loco as another manufacturer already makes  one in HOe (HO scale on 9mm track). Despite the scale difference many modellers mix HOe and OO9. I will not name the maker on this site, so don't ask. I only mention it as it affects the chances oh Bachman's Europe making one,

Hamish

Skarloey Railway

Sadly the new 2-6-2 uses the chassis off the HO Porter so the wheel-spacing is wrong, valve gear is missing, and the cylinders are completely wrong. A shame as the body is quite good.

Basically, this is On30 on the cheap.

p51

I think the Ft Benning museum locomotive (which is incorrectly painted, along with some other stuff in that part of the Infantry Museum) is where Bachmann got the idea of marketing one in OD green.
Sadly, you're not going to find photos of steam locomotives (and hardly any diesels) painted in OD green. Locomotives were grey, yellow, or black up to the diesel era when they started painting locomotives red for the Army and blue for the USAF.
But no OD green steam.
I'll be getting one of these 2-6-2Ts in black and putting my own decals in place (though nobody makes white steam-era Army markings in O scale that I'm aware of, putting "USA" and a four-digit number on each side is no big deal).
I'll also need to make new builder plate decals, as yet again, Bachmann made the builder plates as 'negative' to the real thing. Almost all steam era plates were black backgrounds with lettering and numbers in the cast bronze. Bachmann does it the opposite, with bronze backgrounds and black letters. I do not understand why they do this.
All this said, yes, they're hardly perfect, but they make well-built stuff when it comes to rod engines, and I'll be happy to hand over the money for one of these trench locomotives!
-Lee

robertjohndavis

Quote from: Hamish K on July 14, 2019, 04:00:08 PM
I doubt that Bachman's Europe would make an OO9 version of this loco as another manufacturer already makes  one in HOe (HO scale on 9mm track). Despite the scale difference many modellers mix HOe and OO9. I will not name the maker on this site, so don't ask. I only mention it as it affects the chances oh Bachman's Europe making one,

Hamish

Hamish - You are reading my mind. That HOe model leaves a lot to be desired. If Bachmann USA were to commit to a WDLR line in On30, I might switch. As it is, I guess I will hope that Bachmann Branchline will give us a some other trench steam. I am not holding out for a Simplex, but that would be super cool.

Rob

fred lundgren

dutchbuilder

Tnx Fred, looks like the trucks for the cars are modular and can be use for any car.

Another one with an ALCO 2-6-2 and lots of model layouts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRxU-gqQFbM

Ton

Terry Toenges

That aerial car transport is unique.  ;)
Feel like a Mogul.

dutchbuilder

I just found this site for WWI rolling stock.
Unfortunately no 1:48, 1:43 is the closest scale they produce.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com/3D-printing/3d_printed_trains2.htm

Ton

Terry Toenges

Since Shapeways is the one producing them in a variety of sizes, they can probably rescale something into 1/48. They are using 3D printing. They do have the Simplexes in 1/48. I would contact Simon Dawson (Rue d'Étropal) the creator or Shapeways and ask.
Feel like a Mogul.

dutchbuilder

Correction Terry, shapeways is an Dutch company , a spinoff of the technical university of Eindhoven.

Ton

Terry Toenges

I said "or" Shapeways, not "of" Shapeways.
Simon created them and uses Shapeways to produce them is the way I understand it.
"All 3D printed designs by Simon Dawson (Rue d'Étropal) , currently produced to order by Shapeways. Just follow links to Shapeways pages."
Feel like a Mogul.