The Bachmann Troublesome Truck #6 Thread

Started by TerencetheTractor525, July 14, 2019, 02:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerencetheTractor525

I'm very happy to see that Troublesome Truck #6 is a tanker, but I do have two questions to ask fans:

1. Considering that it is an oil tanker, do you think it would be possible if Bachmann could use the old oil tanker logo from the model era for this tanker? If not, would you like it to be a plain tanker or with the CGI logo?

2. Would you prefer if they made the face more of a square shape like the model series?

Personally, I would like to see it with the older oil tanker logo or as plain tanker, and with a square face  :).
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

TrainFan97

The fact that it's officially named "Oil Tanker Troublesome Truck #6" implies that we may be getting other versions of it in the near future, like a Milk Tanker, or a Tar Tanker.

Same goes for the Mining Wagon, as it's officially named "Mining Wagon with Load - Blue" which also implies that we may be getting other versions of it in the near future.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Cheeky_ULP

The face is more than likely going to be based off the BWBA/CGI tanker faces. I'd be very surprised if they went with the Season 4 tanker faces.

TerencetheTractor525

Yeah, that may be the case. Yet, if there is a way to make the face more square while still using the CGI Tanker faces as a reference, that would be a nice compromise.

Bachmann has always done a great job with compromises, as the red and blue narrow gauge carriages most recently proved to us.

Rodimus Supreme

What in the world is everyone on about about Bachmann using the CGI Series Tanker faceplate? Every single other Troublesome Truck Bachmann has made uses the model series faces, why would the tanker be any exception?!

Chaz

Given by the illustration shown in the NMRA brochure I am definitely thinking that the CGI tanker is going to more likely than not going to be what gets announced next.  If they did go the classic era route with a tanker from season 4, then I would buy Troublesome Truck #6 in a heartbeat like how I did with #5 and I imagine a lot of other fans would too.  It would sell a lot better that way since no one really cares for the CGI style troublesome trucks, let alone the ones from Africa in a special that was total garbage.

It does seem weird to me that Bachmann gave it such a long name like "oil tanker troublesome truck #6".  Why not just call it Troublesome Truck #6 and call it a day from there?
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Sodor Engineer

I think that Bachmanns going to make it without the oil logo cuz all the other troublesome trucks don't have any logo,but hey I could be wrong.
    And I would love it if it was from season 4.
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

JLK2707

It would not surprise me if it was just a CGI version.

Angelob6660

I'm picturing this oil tanker with a face.

I doubt they'll go back to OIL lettering for the current audience.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

MoarCrossovers

What if it's actually just the black, letterless tanker from Toad Stands By?
Do u kno de Grate Westarn Wae?

TerencetheTractor525

I'd prefer a plain tanker than one with the CGI logo too.

As for the face, perhaps they could use a 3D printed one as a reference: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/the-faces-of-trouble

It was indeed stated that the model series troublesome tankers had NG faces. I personally do not mind which one they choose as long as it is square.

TrainFan97

I'm concerned that if it does turn out to be the African tanker that's shown in the illustration, the sales would be minimal.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Cheeky_ULP

It should be worth noting as well, that the image Bachmann used for the tanker is...

...The first image for tanker troublesome trucks on the Thomas wiki. In hindsight of this, Bachmann is probably not even aware this is a tanker from Big World: Big Adventures.

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: Cheeky_ULP on July 16, 2019, 07:16:51 PM
It should be worth noting as well, that the image Bachmann used for the tanker is...

...The first image for tanker troublesome trucks on the Thomas wiki. In hindsight of this, Bachmann is probably not even aware this is a tanker from Big World: Big Adventures.
I HOPE that's the case. I'd prefer them to stick to what they've always done with Troublesome Trucks, which is the Model Series designs.