News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Forward and Reverse straight track

Started by Train12, October 03, 2019, 03:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Train12

I am trying to put a straight track up on my wall that can run a train to one end to the other and then automatically go in reverse back to the starting point. I saw this in a train store when I was on travel before I started collecting trains. Is there some kind of bumper or part to purchase to make this possible or something that I need to build? Thank you for your help. (I am working with Bachmann large scale trains)

Hunt

There are several methods that use different technology.

Here is one way,
Click Here to view video using LGB 10345 Auto Shuttle

Click Here for  Instruction Manual

Shop for best product cost.

Loco Bill Canelos

Aristocraft also made a reverser which works great for me.  Ebay might be a good place to do a search.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Rluke

RRConcepts sells 3 models that will do reversing operations.  The Station Master, The Station Master Reverser, and the YardMaster.   I am using the Station Master Reverser and it really works great.  It has two distinct modes of operation.  Sensor mode uses sensors and train magnets to gradually slow the train down and stop.  Reversing mode uses timing to slow the train down and diode bridged gaps in the rail for the stopping points. You can set the acceleration and deceleration rates and dwell time. You can do a LOT more tricks with the other models but the StationMaster Reverser is the best choice if you only plan on a back and forth operation. They just added a new feature that in addition to the gradual startup and slow down the train can creep in and out of the station.   Here is a link to the web page.  Note:  Study the instructions very carefully.
http://www.rrconcepts.com//Reverser.shtml

Rich L.