News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Mountain engine vandy tender truck broken

Started by toddkubela, August 14, 2019, 02:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toddkubela

I broke my heavy mountain vandy tender truck "3 axle" and wanted to find out where I could find a replacement.  They are out in the parts department so I am out of luck there.  If anyone has an idea where I can find that part that would be great.   Thanks

ebtnut

I see no one has responded as yet, so here's a suggestion.  I couldn't find a photo of the model good enough to see the tender trucks.  If you can post a pic of the undamaged truck here we can then see what might work.  In general, six-wheel tender trucks were either Commonwealth or Buckeye.  Brass versions of both have been made and can likely be found on e-bay or at a good train-oriented hobby shop.  The other option is to get to one of the big train shows and see if you can located a spare tender or the truck itself.

jonathan

I seem to recall that "Greenway Products" (google) still carries some brass detail parts, like trucks and wheels.  Brass parts may not be your first choice, but they seem to be more available than plastic, 6-wheel trucks.

I remember that "Tichy" also sells trucks.  I don't remember if they have the version to match your vandy tender.

Regards,

Jonathan

jonathan

I just remembered.  They are a little pricey, but Funaro & Camerlengo does sell resin 6-wheel trucks in numerous styles.  You would have to clean off flashing and paint the trucks, but they would most likely have what you're after.

Regards,

Jonathan

Terry Toenges

You might try Precision Scale. I'm not familiar with the loco you have so I don't know if any of these are what you need. Their tender trucks go from page 168 to 177.
https://www.precisionscaleco.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/HO-Steam-WOP.pdf
Feel like a Mogul.

MKA

Are you still looking for the tender truck?  Is it for the 4-8-4 engine?  I have a couple of vandy tenders for that engine.  Contact me.