News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Spectrum Santa Fe Doodlebug

Started by Hoechster, July 24, 2019, 12:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoechster

I need a Powered Truck (part #H81409) and Drive Shaft (part #H81410) for my doodlebug. The plastic gears in my truck are cracked and slip on its axle. i.e. the truck is inoperable.
Does anybody know where I can find these parts?
Thank you very much

Hoechster

Trainman203

Search doodlebug.  There was a very long discussion about a year or so ago.

rich1998

If you find any reference to NWSL parts they stopped filling orders July 1st. They close in August.
They use to sell a Stanton drive that would replace the original drive quite well. I found the project in the trains.com forums a few years ago. I "think" there was an un-powered truck for the rear. Not sure now.
You could Google this. How I found out about the stanton drive. You might find the stanton drive online or some ideas. Bachmann has the drive shaft. No idea if they could repair it. You could call.

Rich

Flare

There are a few Stanton Drives on Ebay that NWSL is clearing out.

Not sure if the HO ones are the right size though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NWSL-NorthWest-Short-Line-39100-4-1220-Stanton-Drive-HO-scale-powered-truck/223564549505

rich1998

There were variations. I cannot post the link here though. Too bad and I do not know what mechanical experience the OP has.
Still a Google search might help him. It can take time though.

Rich

Hoechster

Thank you for your comments

Hoechster

UPIT

I got an email reply from the new owners of NWSL.  They will have replacement front wheel sets for the HO Doodlebug available SOON.
You might want to check their website

UPIT

I just received my new set of front (power wheels) wheels from NWSL.....I have ordered three more and they just responded that they will send them to me in about 3 to 4 days, so they NOW have them.

ANY HELP IN FINDING OUT HOE TO REMOVE THE OLD ONES AND INSTALL THE NEW ONES WOULD BE APPRECIATED....Thank you