STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 14, 2019, 07:16:01 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Stepney or Ryan?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: Stepney or Ryan?  (Read 4118 times)
TerencetheTractor525

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2019, 07:32:50 PM »

I am extremely pleasantly surprised with the amount of attention this thread has been getting. Iím also happy to see that those on Team Ryan would even like to see Stepney made. Thatís why I still think that Stepney should definitely be the next engine that Bachmann announces.

And while I know that there is controversy over when Stepney could be announced, Iím sure that most fans can agree that there is not another product Bachmann could realistically announce that would be more of a wonderful way to celebrate Thomasí 75th Anniversary than Stepney, even if he gets delayed.  Wink
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 07:34:53 PM by TerencetheTractor525 » Logged

Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.
DucktheGWREngine08

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2019, 08:10:23 PM »

What if they both get made at the same time? That would actually be amazing.
TrainMan2001

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2019, 09:07:25 PM »

I definitely also agree that Stepney should be made first, for all reasons stated across the thread. It would be perfect for the 75th anniversary.

Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.
JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2019, 09:43:20 AM »

Just both at the same time!:)
thomas fan

The one and only.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2019, 07:57:15 AM »

I really hope that Bachmann make Stepney for all of the people wanting him cuz at this rate if Bachmann did not make him there would be sad fans less money for Bachmann.
       And Another plus side to making Stepney is that they could make a real A1X(Stepney's bases)really hope they do it for the 75 anniversary and the fans  thanks for reading.
    thomas fan
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 07:59:18 AM by thomas fan » Logged

VOTE FOR STEPENY!
AnAverageThomasFan

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2019, 04:35:59 PM »

Honestly I would like to see stepney, but Ryan personally makes more sense to me. I donít think that bachmann would make any characters that arenít relevant in the show anymore. Because once you look at the lineup, all the characters bachmann has released over the years are still relevant in the show. (The only possible exception would be BoCo because they could just use Daisyís chassis). But characters like Stepney, Arther, or Murdoch are nostalgic but a bit more obscure. The statement that ďfans want himĒ isnít a good enough reason in my books. But hey, Iíd love to be wrong.
TerencetheTractor525

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2019, 06:00:26 PM »

Honestly I would like to see stepney, but Ryan personally makes more sense to me. I donít think that bachmann would make any characters that arenít relevant in the show anymore. Because once you look at the lineup, all the characters bachmann has released over the years are still relevant in the show. (The only possible exception would be BoCo because they could just use Daisyís chassis). But characters like Stepney, Arther, or Murdoch are nostalgic but a bit more obscure. The statement that ďfans want himĒ isnít a good enough reason in my books. But hey, Iíd love to be wrong.

While I do still think that Stepney would be the best choice for 2020 to celebrate the 75th Anniversary, I do see where you are coming from. It's great to see that you would like to see Stepney too though!

As for Boco, after seeing that Daisy is going to have moving eyes, I definitely agree that Bachmann should consider making Boco at some point. Bachmann must have put a high amount of thought on how to incorporate a moving eye mechanism within a long, bogied diesel, and I don't think that it would make sense to put in all that effort into constructing this new moving eye mechanism just for Daisy.

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/BoCo

Boco would also provide contrast to the range. He would not only be one of two bogied diesels in the range, but he would also be the only bogied diesel that is meant to pull long freight trains. Seriously, what kid would not want to see a long diesel with a face pull a long freight train? However, that's all I will state about Boco as this thread is really not about him  Wink.

Ultimately, I would be very happy if Stepney or Boco got announced next year. However, given the amount of people who stated that they would like to see Stepney, I still think that he would be the supreme choice.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 06:02:22 PM by TerencetheTractor525 » Logged

AnAverageThomasFan

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2019, 10:28:12 PM »

I would like to see both Stepney and Ryan be produced by bachmann actually. Ryanís a very nice character to come out of the CGI series. Although I find it a bit silly to compare the two. Ones a classic character, and ones a CGI character. Iím sure both will be made at some point.
Streak

Hello, glad to be here! "Ew Aw Few Few"

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2019, 09:06:55 PM »

Honestly if you ask me, I canít really decide which one I would want more. I agree with both picks.

I think Stepney would be perfect to announce next year for the anniversary being a classic character and all. And while Iím indifferent to him as a character, I known a lot of other people want him and he has a good design.

As for Ryan, he fits overall imo considering heís in the current show, has a unique design as well, and would be perfect to release after or close to Daisy.

Basically my final stance on it is that Iím on Team Stepney for a 75th anniversary announcement. If heís not announced next year, then Iíd switch to being on both sides (mostly on Ryanís side tho).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 09:09:01 PM by Streak » Logged
Streak

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2019, 01:39:34 PM »

Also btw I did Bachmann Stepney and Ryan concepts on my Twitter as well as a poll between the two. Go check em out if you want.

https://twitter.com/streaksmeargle/status/1177613904421064704?s=21 - Stepney

https://twitter.com/streaksmeargle/status/1176567007338041344?s=21 - Ryan

Hope you enjoy!
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2019, 01:42:08 PM »

Streak, your Stepney concept is truly incredible.  It is easily my favorite out of the concepts you have done so far and looks spot on to how I can picture a Bachmann model of him.  You also succeeded in making me want Bachmann to make Stepney even more, and I have a feeling Iím not the only one who feels that way. 

Great job!
Falcon the 2nd

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2019, 04:22:21 PM »

Both concepts look phenomenal! The fact that Bachmann's official account liked one of them is both astounding and another big indicator that the team is listening to us this year.

The road to Toy Fair 2020 has been an exciting one so far and it will only continue to build excitement among the fans from here.

Hopeful for HO Scale Stepney
thomas fan

The one and only.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2019, 04:46:36 PM »

Now seeing those concepts makes me want both engines to be announced but maybe Bachmann will surprise us and make them both but we will just have to wait and see.

VOTE FOR STEPENY!
Streak

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2019, 01:04:37 AM »

After two hundred and sixty eight votes, my Stepney VS Ryan poll on Twitter came to a close. The final results were Ryan with 35% and Stepney with the winning 65%.

https://twitter.com/streaksmeargle/status/1177613910821588992?s=21

Now this is only a little over 250 votes but itís clear that Stepney is very popular with the casual Twitter audience.

Of course, many people do want Ryan as well and heíd be a great model for Bachmann to make. But itís clear that most want Stepney first. Understandable considering heís an iconic classic character.
TerencetheTractor525

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2019, 10:01:02 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGmpr52R2FY

Would highly recommend giving this a watch, especially the Bachmann Team!  Grin

I still firmly believe that there is not anything else Bachmann could announce next February that would receive as much hype as an HO Stepney.

#HOStepneytheBluebellEnginefor2020

Let's make the 75th Anniversary the best it can be!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: