News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Stepney or Ryan?

Started by TerencetheTractor525, July 28, 2019, 11:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWRmodeller

While Ryan is one of my favourite CGI era characters, there's no doubt that it should be Stepney who should be announced for the 75th anniversary year.  He's such a popular and iconic character and it would be stupid for bachmann not to consider making him.  Furthermore, I think it would help to raise awareness for his real life counterpart, who at the present moment is having problems regarding his future as a running steam locomotive.

JLK2707

Great point, but I'd rather just have both.

Theironkiss666

Definitely Stepney, they need to finish the classic engines

PercyMan

I'm team Stepney all the way. I have been waiting for a while for Bachman's to release an HO Stepney model.

TheMaithwaiteModeller

I would have to be on Team Stepney, even though i would be happy with either.
I feel like Stepney is more of a iconic character.

JD417

There's not much I could add on to this that hasn't already been said, but I'm on team Stepney.
Just as he's one of the very few classic characters left and I really would like to see them wrap off the golden age of Thomas before moving onto nothing but new characters. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Ryan, but Stepney should be first, no doubt.

Sodor Engineer

I think one of the reasons that every Thomas fan wants Stepney is because Mattel has done the disaster of Big World Big Adventures and all fans want somthng that they will make them know that,its not over for Thomas and friends and Stepney is the perfect engine.
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

TerencetheTractor525

Exactly! With the amount of people who want to see Stepney made, I really hope that we won't just get a Green LBSC Thomas and/or Black James for February 2020's HO engine. :-\

Stepney would be a much more exciting announcement for the anniversary!  :)
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Toad139

I personally hope Stepney gets made.  I have much more of an affinity towards classic series characters, however I understand that Mattel would probably rather them make models based on characters that are currently on the show. That being said, as other have mentioned, it is the 75th  anniversary and Stepney would be a much more cost effective model to produce, so there are some factors working in his favor.

TrainFan97

The only standard gauge engines from Seasons 1-4 that Bachmann hasn't made yet are BoCo, Stepney and The Diesel/Class 40. BoCo can be considered after Stepney, as the second large diesel, plus Hornby never made him. The only problem with Class 40 is that he was a one-off character, with Bowled Out as his only speaking role, although Hornby did make him. Technically, Bachmann UK does have Class 40; the locomotive. Not really a character I'd expect anytime soon. BoCo is still possible after Stepney.

Like everyone else, I'm on Team Stepney, and hope he gets announced in February 2020. Even if he gets delayed, it's good as long as he gets announced. It will be more than worth the wait.

I think Daisy's announcement has restored everyone's faith in Bachmann. Earlier this year, people were predicting doom and gloom for the HO range. The fact that we're actually getting a character that so many people asked for.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Falcon the 2nd

Along with Peter Sam, Daisy is a big indicator that Bachmann still understands what their core consumers want out of new characters and that's something to be appreciated.

Like many others, I'm on Team Stepney and I hope both the series licensor and Bachmann staff can do the right thing next February by announcing him at the very least.
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van

AndySandy

Im easily team Stepney, and it would also be a smart choice on bachmanns part to make him. We see people spending up to $500 for a Hornby stepney, even if its used, so Bachmann would easily profit off of it :p

NWRmodeller

Honestly I would say that Stepney would be my most anticipated engine for them to release.  He's a popular character, cost effective to make, and i'm sure he would sell out in a heartbeat.

TerencetheTractor525

While thinking about it more, I completely agree. As Stepney is a classic engine, seeing him announced during Thomas' 75th Anniversary would be such a pleasant surprise to the point where if he is the only thing that gets announced for the HO line in February 2020, I would still be ecstatic. I will even state that if this means that nothing will get announced for the narrow gauge line next Feb, I would be perfectly fine with that.
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

thesplendidredengine5