News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Stepney or Ryan?

Started by TerencetheTractor525, July 28, 2019, 11:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerencetheTractor525

I am extremely pleasantly surprised with the amount of attention this thread has been getting. I'm also happy to see that those on Team Ryan would even like to see Stepney made. That's why I still think that Stepney should definitely be the next engine that Bachmann announces.

And while I know that there is controversy over when Stepney could be announced, I'm sure that most fans can agree that there is not another product Bachmann could realistically announce that would be more of a wonderful way to celebrate Thomas' 75th Anniversary than Stepney, even if he gets delayed.  ;)
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

DucktheGWREngine08

What if they both get made at the same time? That would actually be amazing.

Kemptown Branch

I definitely also agree that Stepney should be made first, for all reasons stated across the thread. It would be perfect for the 75th anniversary.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

JLK2707

Just both at the same time!:)

Sodor Engineer

I really hope that Bachmann make Stepney for all of the people wanting him cuz at this rate if Bachmann did not make him there would be sad fans less money for Bachmann.
      And Another plus side to making Stepney is that they could make a real A1X(Stepney's bases)really hope they do it for the 75 anniversary and the fans  thanks for reading.
   thomas fan
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

GordonPacific04

Honestly I would like to see stepney, but Ryan personally makes more sense to me. I don't think that bachmann would make any characters that aren't relevant in the show anymore. Because once you look at the lineup, all the characters bachmann has released over the years are still relevant in the show. (The only possible exception would be BoCo because they could just use Daisy's chassis). But characters like Stepney, Arther, or Murdoch are nostalgic but a bit more obscure. The statement that "fans want him" isn't a good enough reason in my books. But hey, I'd love to be wrong.

TerencetheTractor525

Quote from: AnAverageThomasFan on September 19, 2019, 04:35:59 PM
Honestly I would like to see stepney, but Ryan personally makes more sense to me. I don't think that bachmann would make any characters that aren't relevant in the show anymore. Because once you look at the lineup, all the characters bachmann has released over the years are still relevant in the show. (The only possible exception would be BoCo because they could just use Daisy's chassis). But characters like Stepney, Arther, or Murdoch are nostalgic but a bit more obscure. The statement that "fans want him" isn't a good enough reason in my books. But hey, I'd love to be wrong.

While I do still think that Stepney would be the best choice for 2020 to celebrate the 75th Anniversary, I do see where you are coming from. It's great to see that you would like to see Stepney too though!

As for Boco, after seeing that Daisy is going to have moving eyes, I definitely agree that Bachmann should consider making Boco at some point. Bachmann must have put a high amount of thought on how to incorporate a moving eye mechanism within a long, bogied diesel, and I don't think that it would make sense to put in all that effort into constructing this new moving eye mechanism just for Daisy.

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/BoCo

Boco would also provide contrast to the range. He would not only be one of two bogied diesels in the range, but he would also be the only bogied diesel that is meant to pull long freight trains. Seriously, what kid would not want to see a long diesel with a face pull a long freight train? However, that's all I will state about Boco as this thread is really not about him  ;).

Ultimately, I would be very happy if Stepney or Boco got announced next year. However, given the amount of people who stated that they would like to see Stepney, I still think that he would be the supreme choice.

GordonPacific04

I would like to see both Stepney and Ryan be produced by bachmann actually. Ryan's a very nice character to come out of the CGI series. Although I find it a bit silly to compare the two. Ones a classic character, and ones a CGI character. I'm sure both will be made at some point.

Streak

Honestly if you ask me, I can't really decide which one I would want more. I agree with both picks.

I think Stepney would be perfect to announce next year for the anniversary being a classic character and all. And while I'm indifferent to him as a character, I known a lot of other people want him and he has a good design.

As for Ryan, he fits overall imo considering he's in the current show, has a unique design as well, and would be perfect to release after or close to Daisy.

Basically my final stance on it is that I'm on Team Stepney for a 75th anniversary announcement. If he's not announced next year, then I'd switch to being on both sides (mostly on Ryan's side tho).

Streak

Also btw I did Bachmann Stepney and Ryan concepts on my Twitter as well as a poll between the two. Go check em out if you want.

https://twitter.com/streaksmeargle/status/1177613904421064704?s=21 - Stepney

https://twitter.com/streaksmeargle/status/1176567007338041344?s=21 - Ryan

Hope you enjoy!

Chaz

Streak, your Stepney concept is truly incredible.  It is easily my favorite out of the concepts you have done so far and looks spot on to how I can picture a Bachmann model of him.  You also succeeded in making me want Bachmann to make Stepney even more, and I have a feeling I'm not the only one who feels that way. 

Great job!
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Falcon the 2nd

Both concepts look phenomenal! The fact that Bachmann's official account liked one of them is both astounding and another big indicator that the team is listening to us this year.

The road to Toy Fair 2020 has been an exciting one so far and it will only continue to build excitement among the fans from here.
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van

Sodor Engineer

Now seeing those concepts makes me want both engines to be announced but maybe Bachmann will surprise us and make them both but we will just have to wait and see.
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

Streak

After two hundred and sixty eight votes, my Stepney VS Ryan poll on Twitter came to a close. The final results were Ryan with 35% and Stepney with the winning 65%.

https://twitter.com/streaksmeargle/status/1177613910821588992?s=21

Now this is only a little over 250 votes but it's clear that Stepney is very popular with the casual Twitter audience.

Of course, many people do want Ryan as well and he'd be a great model for Bachmann to make. But it's clear that most want Stepney first. Understandable considering he's an iconic classic character.

TerencetheTractor525

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGmpr52R2FY

Would highly recommend giving this a watch, especially the Bachmann Team!  ;D

I still firmly believe that there is not anything else Bachmann could announce next February that would receive as much hype as an HO Stepney.

#HOStepneytheBluebellEnginefor2020

Let's make the 75th Anniversary the best it can be!