News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Adding on a yard to our layout

Started by Oklahomabound, August 02, 2019, 06:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oklahomabound

Good evening.  My grandson and I are adding on a yard to our 4' x 8' HO scale dual track layout.  The space available is 28" x 8' for the yard with a 20" x 34" area that connects the yard to main.  Are there sample or example or actual layouts of yards available using ez track, that show which turnouts were used?  Do y'all have recommendations?  Any and all help is much appreciated...

Thanks,

Oklahomabound

jward

My recommendation is to stay away from the standard 18r switches, and stick to the numbered ones instead. The #5 is a good  choice to start with.

You can try planning your own yard using track planning software. Both Anyrail, and SCARM have trial versions available for free that limit the number of pieces you can use in your plan (anyrail's limit is 50) but they allow you to try out different track arrangements in your available space, and make changes in your design with the click of a mouse.

The layout plan books published by Atlas have some workable yard designs that use their track, but you could take the plans and modify them to use EZ track using the software mentioned above.

Atlas plans you may want to look at for inspiration include HO36 Oregon Pass Lines, HO29 Central Midland, and HO23. Google is your friend.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Terry Toenges

Here some pics with dimensions that might be of help to you. My old website is all screwed up but there are some good pages left with EZ Track ideas.
http://www.sarget.com/trains/traintips/bach/traintip-eztrack.html
There is a list here that has a variety of yard configurations that I experimented with years ago.
http://www.sarget.com/trains/traintips/bach/eztrack/
This is an example. There are others like this on the list -

Feel like a Mogul.

Len

Some ideas from another thread you might be able to use "as is" or modify to suit your needs:
https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,35369.msg260997.html#msg260997

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

rich1998

Welcome.

Posting a photo of your layout might help also.
Look down in General Questions forum on how to post photos.

Rich

Oklahomabound

Being a dinosaur, I will study on how to post pics...
I really appreciate the responses... JW and I will look over everything and get back with y'all...

rich1998

It should prove helpful in the near future. Just take your time. We have all been through it.
It took me a while to learn.
Others will help you. A picture is worth a thousand words has been proven true many times here.

Rich

RAM

Oklab are your a Oklie from  Okmulgee?  I sent you a privet mess.

rich1998

Hi Oklahomabound

It might be a pain to learn how to link a photo but it can be a great help sometimes once you figure it out. Gives others an idea of what you are looking at.

Rich