News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Track

Started by Cabana Bob, August 12, 2019, 02:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cabana Bob

Trying to find out the distance between the two tracks on a #6 Remote Crossover Turnout - Left (HO Scale)[Model: 44575] and the #6 Remote Crossover Turnout - Right (HO Scale)[Model: 44576]. I'm starting a layout but cant afford these items yet but wangt to get the track allied for them.

With this I think Bachmann and other company's around the county need to put more specs down to help us model railroaders

dutchbuilder

Try the Anyrail design program , the free version.
You can select the EZ track.
You can use upto 50 pieces and design what you need.
then print it 1:1 on paper.
Gives you the correct measurements. on paper.

Ton

Hunt

Info is included in many posts that can readily be found by clicking on and using this board's "search" feature.

HO #6 Remote Crossover Turnout -- 2-3/8" between track centerlines, 21-1/4" long

FYI --
# 6 Remote Crossover Turnout 44575 and 44576 are wired for use in a DCC powered layout. Cannot be used in DC powered layout without modification.

Most of the instructions, which can be found on internet, to modify the Bachmann #6 remote crossover turnout 447575 and 44576 for use in a DC power layout are not accurate,  Do not use any instructions that have you cutting any wires.  It is easy for most people to botch the modifications without illustrated instructions. Even with good illustrated instructions, many botch the required modifications.

Terry Toenges

To add to what Hunt said, I just measured mine. There is 7/16" space between the inside of the two roadbeds on one end and 3/8" space on the other end. It's 4 1/4" measured outside of roadbed to outside of roadbed on one end and 4 3/16" on the other end. One end is 1/16" wider than the other end. Track center lines are 2 5 and 1/2 /16" on one end and 2 and just under 4 and 1/2 /16" on the other
Shouldn't both ends be the same? I measured and remeasured and remeasured. Then I got out my digital caliper to make sure they different and they are. I know 1/16" isn't going to make a lot of difference. I was just surprised there is a difference.
Feel like a Mogul.

Cabana Bob

Thank gentleman, that's what I was looking for. You would think the manufacturer would of had these spec on there web site. This will help me a lot. Also will try the AnyRail to work on my next layout. Thanks again...