News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Everything Thomas Topic

Started by Chaz, August 13, 2019, 12:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaz

It looks like that the moderators have recently deleted the old everything Thomas thread, probably due to the fact that the thread was exceeding over 200 pages and taking up a lot of space as a result.  I figured I would start up a new thread for everyone, feel free to continue to carry-on any previous discussions you had on the older thread or anything Thomas related in this thread as per usual. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

PasqualeCS96

Hello all, it's been a while since I've posted here.

I have a question regarding storage of models. In a few days I am moving out of state for graduate school and will be away from my models and layout at least until Thanksgiving.

Does anyone have any recommendations for properly storing models for long periods of time as well what to do with the layout? (Upkeep, perhaps cover with tarp?, etc).

Thank you very much and thank you Chaz for starting a new thread!

JLK2707

Please just keep us updated Chaz! :)

ThomasFan247

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on August 17, 2019, 10:32:15 PM
Hello all, it's been a while since I've posted here.

I have a question regarding storage of models. In a few days I am moving out of state for graduate school and will be away from my models and layout at least until Thanksgiving.

Does anyone have any recommendations for properly storing models for long periods of time as well what to do with the layout? (Upkeep, perhaps cover with tarp?, etc).

Thank you very much and thank you Chaz for starting a new thread!
The room where my layout is tends to get damp, so I store all my locos in individual plastic zip-lock bags. I then line them up in plastic storage drawers. I tend to store the rolling stock in the same plastic drawers but without the bags. I'm not sure if this method is "kosher," but it does the job lol!

I hope this helps,
Christian

Angelob6660

I tend to place my models back into their boxes or blister packs and place them in a large cardboard box. Soon I'm hoping to replace that with a clear or colored container.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Sodor Engineer

I regret what I said about the episode panicky Percy and the only thing I have to say is that Percy was way too panicky MATTEL ANOTHER THUMBS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

JLK2707

Yeah. They should have just had a flashback from Percy runs away! :)

TrainCollector

Hey guys I have a question. Does anyone know when Bachmann Percy and Rusty will be in stock? My local train store has them both on order but the distributor says they aren't in stock. Any updates please let me know thanx.

Sodor Engineer

Quote from: JLK2707 on August 21, 2019, 07:32:40 AM
Yeah. They should have just had a flashback from Percy runs away! :)
at this rate MATTEL  >:( would not do that but it would be my dream,but have you seen Percy https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Jq5N9Z4BV6k/maxresdefault.jpg

Sodor Engineer

He MATTEL I've got a question for you in the new season 23 why do the engines have rivets handrails exc when your toy are so plan.

Sodor Engineer

Does anyone think that whoever that was going to make this movie is still going to make it ???

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Thomas_(planned_film)

here is the link.

Angelob6660

I totally forgot about that movie. With 3 different release dates it's probably got canned since its been 5 years with no activity.

The movie doesn't seemed interesting and probably a failure like the Magic Railroad.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Sodor Engineer

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/File:WWIIMoviepromo.jpg
This picture just looks inviting and it looks like a Hornby Thomas
(cuz its NWR style :P) I had never hear of this movie till one month ago and I kinda want to see it now.

JLK2707

TrainshockeylifE

It's a movie that Brenden Reid has been working on for a couple years. It's a fan made film.