News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Everything Thomas Topic

Started by Chaz, August 13, 2019, 12:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainshockeylifE

Does anyone think that Bachmann will release the final production picture of daisy and Peter Sam around when the new announcements are announced in February?

Sodor Engineer

I don't think it's likely seeing that Daisy will have moving eyes and the narrow gauge take a while to make but i could be wrong. ;)
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: the track master on December 11, 2019, 02:19:13 PM
I don't think it's likely seeing that Daisy will have moving eyes and the narrow gauge take a while to make but i could be wrong. ;)
It could depend on when production actually started. The process could've started not very long after Toy Fair last year.

sean1994rail

For the Bachmann Daisy, they would probably make two seperate gearboxes: the front one with the moving eye mechanism will be screwed down, with a dummy front bogie with free rolling wheels below it and the rear one being part of the main drive bogie.

As for Peter Sam, they might have started production of him right after releasing Rusty, so at the very least, we might get an unpainted engineering sample of Peter Sam shown at the 2020 toy fair and image of it on the 2020 catalog.

TrainFan97

I expect Daisy's image to be revealed in the 2020 catalog at the earliest.

As for Peter Sam, he may have been in production as soon as Rusty was finished, like you said. It's possible his image could also get revealed in the 2020 catalog, but given the track record of Narrow Gauge models, I wouldn't bet on it.

Since the 75th Anniversary is coming up, the announcements in a few months shouldn't be mediocre, but at the same time, I'll try not to have expectations too high.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

mulfred-100

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all have a good holiday period

Chaz

Two of my pictures have been shared through Bachmann's social media, and I figured I would share them here.  Merry Christmas!
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TrainshockeylifE

So everyone keeps saying that Toby got an updated paint job, what's different?

Zekeism

Quote from: TrainshockeylifE on December 25, 2019, 05:00:09 PM
So everyone keeps saying that Toby got an updated paint job, what's different?

Apparently he is a darker brown.

I think they are repainting a model every year?
2017: James
2018: Thomas
2019: Toby
Proud Bachmann Thomas Collector.

Rodimus Supreme

Ronniethe14xxx

I think they just added the black couplings, maybe some other minor touch ups

Chaz

Quote from: thomasj219 on December 30, 2019, 11:48:11 AM
Anyone Care For A 6 Pack?

https://www.target.com/p/bachmann-trains-ho-thomas-friends-emily-sterling-single-engine-model-6-pack/-/A-79333673?ref=tgt_soc_pd&AFID=fb&CPNG=Always+On_AlwaysOn_Hardlines_Toys%7Ctoy+vehicles_Mobile_Link+click&Adgroup=6136193013760&FNDSRC=tgtao

::)

The sad truth is, $60 for Emily is one of the more reasonable prices I've seen for her, (or any Bachmann model for that matter), but the fact that Target of all places has her only available as a six pack with just Emily models is really bizarre.  I guess that might be one way local hobby shops can buy models of her to resell at a higher price if they so wished. :P

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: Chaz on December 30, 2019, 06:09:30 PM
Quote from: thomasj219 on December 30, 2019, 11:48:11 AM
Anyone Care For A 6 Pack?

https://www.target.com/p/bachmann-trains-ho-thomas-friends-emily-sterling-single-engine-model-6-pack/-/A-79333673?ref=tgt_soc_pd&AFID=fb&CPNG=Always+On_AlwaysOn_Hardlines_Toys%7Ctoy+vehicles_Mobile_Link+click&Adgroup=6136193013760&FNDSRC=tgtao

::)

The sad truth is, $60 for Emily is one of the more reasonable prices I've seen for her, (or any Bachmann model for that matter), but the fact that Target of all places has her only available as a six pack with just Emily models is really bizarre.  I guess that might be one way local hobby shops can buy models of her to resell at a higher price if they so wished. :P
Where do you see them listed as $60? When I go to the link, it shows the listing for $381.99.

Chaz

Quote from: Rodimus Supreme on December 30, 2019, 06:24:58 PM
Where do you see them listed as $60? When I go to the link, it shows the listing for $381.99.

If you buy the 6-pack you would be buying each of the Emily models for a little over $60 ($63.67 to be exact) each, but again you wouldn't be buying just one Emily model individually for that price as you can only purchase her at Target with the six pack being the only option.