News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Everything Thomas Topic

Started by Chaz, August 13, 2019, 12:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsideTrack

HO James, Percy, and Emily are back in stock! :) :) :)

TerencetheTractor525

Great news! As a loyal Bachmann Thomas fan, I'm very happy to see how well Bachmann is doing with the Thomas line. Seeing engines constantly out of stock and then coming right back in stock, as well as the surprise announcement of Daisy, Peter Sam, and Troublesome Truck #6 back in July are perfect examples. Can't wait to see what February 2020 has in store too! Almost everyone is hoping to see an HO Stepney announced to celebrate the 75th Anniversary! Hopefully, it will work out :).
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Sodor Engineer

QuoteThomas launches its 12th feature film, Thomas & Friends™: Journey Beyond Sodor,where Thomas travels off the Island of Sodor for the first time!
Did anyone else see this,
    Does The Great Race come into mind
    Misty Island Rescue...

...Thomas and the Magic Railroad.

I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

Sodor Engineer

If anyone was wondering were the quote was from it was from the Thomas and friends website

https://www.thomasandfriends.com/en-us/about/when

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: thomas fan on September 10, 2019, 03:51:22 PM

QuoteThomas launches its 12th feature film, Thomas & Friends™: Journey Beyond Sodor,where Thomas travels off the Island of Sodor for the first time!
Did anyone else see this,
    Does The Great Race come into mind
    Misty Island Rescue...

...Thomas and the Magic Railroad.

Or Thomas and The Special Letter, the actual first time he left the island.

Quote from: TrainMan2001 on September 05, 2019, 04:43:59 PM
Yes, this project is still alive! I have just been really busy over the past few months, but I am finally making progress. I put more milliput on the rest of the places that needed it and I began to sand everything down.

I was also able to put the model in it's first coat of primer so that it would be easier to see if there are any other areas that needed to be sanded more. The top of the boiler still needs some, from where the raised stripes used to be, and there are a couple of places that need actual filler before I finish painting the model.

I have also decided that I would rather finish Thomas off as he appeared in Season 1 rather than 3, so I'll have to get new brake pipes. I am also going to try to get actual cosmetic British couplings and I am going to build more "fine-scale" stepladders. I hope to do a better face as well, because the first one I tried ended up with a few problems along the way. I am excited though, because the primer makes the model look as though it is further along than it did before!
You could get a lot of ideas from this guy: https://twitter.com/SodorRyModeler

Kemptown Branch

You could get a lot of ideas from this guy: https://twitter.com/SodorRyModeler
[/quote]
Thank you! I have seen some of his work, and he definitely does excellent stuff with his models.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

Sodor Engineer

Oh I just forgot about that film,thanks for the reminder

Sodor Engineer

Does any know what the next Thomas and friends film is going to be ??? any info would be nice cuz the only movie or what ever it is is Digs and Discoveries but I don't think it is a movie,
thanks for reading. :)
     thomas fan

Rickenbacker 325

Thomasfan (and a few others), You don't need to post every time someone posts and/or double/triple post. It gets really annoying when this happens, plus when the same thing is said over and over by the same few people. It just gets really repetitive. It is probably the main reason the original topic had to get deleted since it was taking up so much space. Like I always say when I say this, I am not a Mod and am not trying to be one. I know a lot of people agree with me. However, I am not trying to push you guys away from this forum. Please stay and have fun. But don't clog up the forum with the same discussion or talking points again and again and again.

Chaz

Prices for the N scale range have been confirmed at Walthers.com.

https://www.walthers.com/search/scale/n-scale/manufacturer-name/bachmann-industries/show/20?match=AND&q=Thomas

Thomas and Percy are both $125 each, Annie and Clarabel are both $29 each, and troublesome trucks #1 and #2 are $26 each.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TrainshockeylifE

That's ridiculous! They better be worth the price!

TrainshockeylifE

Does anyone on here know how to install a dcc decoder into some engines?

Falcon the 2nd

Quote from: TrainshockeylifE on September 22, 2019, 10:58:48 AM
That's ridiculous! They better be worth the price!

They might be Bachmann's catalogue/shop pricing. Most retailers sell Thomas products at prices that are about 30% lower than official listings, though Walthers is an exception since a majority their prices have been accurate to first-party options.

If Rusty's similar pricing is anything to go by, we might see them just barely make it under $100, but only time will tell as always.
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van