News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Everything Thomas Topic

Started by Chaz, August 13, 2019, 12:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titanic5972

Maybe Bachmanns design department could have a go at Thomas' face then. Still appalling on the HO gauge version.

TerencetheTractor525

Take a look at what Mr. O'Donnell uploaded to YouTube, just in time for the 75th Anniversary :).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neKGtR__51c

Make sure to also check out the recreations of other classic Thomas themes:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyqzslvDyXX1GlEwfCBla2Q

Although these memorable Thomas themes are unfortunately not present in the show anymore, it really is a pleasure that Mike O'Donnell has uploaded them to YouTube. I'm sure that more will be on the way as well!
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

TrainshockeylifE

Bachmann is going on tour tomorrow with the Worlds Greatest Hobby. Will there be announcements tomorrow or will we have to wait till the 22?

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Bachmann stated on Twitter that the announcements will most likely be at the Toy Fair from February 22-25.
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

TrainshockeylifE

Well Bachmann announced that knapford Station and Tidmouth sheds are now discontinued. Not sure why but now if you didn't ever get them I'd recommend getting them now before the prices sky rocket.

Rodimus Supreme

Quick random thought: With the new N Scale line, anyone who has the skills can replace the chassis on the Narrow Gauge Box Vans and repaint them and make the old vans from the episode "Fish" and the truck with a face in Edward's train from "A Close Shave For Duck" for the N Scale line since that won't get made as a Standard Gauge truck because it breaches NMRA standards.

Chaz

Looks like Bachmann added the white lining at the back of the LBSC Thomas!
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TrainFan97

So far, there's been no sign of Daisy, Peter Sam, or any other product announced at last year's NMRA. They must not be ready to be shown yet, especially since none of them even have prices yet. We may not see them until later this year. Possibly this summer, we should get images of at least some of the products announced at last year's NMRA, especially the rolling stock. Don't know about Daisy or Peter Sam.

Bachmann might as well list LBSC Thomas and Busy Bee James to their web store, as well as the Narrow Gauge Brake Vans, N Scale James and the tankers, and Large Scale Diesel.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

TTL

Well LBSC Thomas and BB James are already ready and made, so I would assume they'll be in stock in the next couple months. The other items I doubt we'll see for  another year, maybe LS Diesel assuming they made a good chunk of progress before they canceled it last time it was announced. Otherwise, all most certainly going to be a year at least before we see the newly announced N scale stock and the NG brakevans, bar the newly announced N scale set which will almost certainly be part of the range when it launches sometime this year.
As for Daisy and Peter Sam, I figure we may see Daisy this July, Peter Sam is more up in the air given the time it takes for the NG engines.
Need me some Sir Handel and more Talyllyn stock.

Rodimus Supreme

So why didn't Bachmann post a thread for the new announcements this year? I know that magazine revealed them already, but Bachmann always posts a thread for all the new announcements.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: TrainFan97 on February 23, 2020, 11:53:52 PM
So far, there's been no sign of Daisy, Peter Sam, or any other product announced at last year's NMRA. They must not be ready to be shown yet, especially since none of them even have prices yet. We may not see them until later this year. Possibly this summer, we should get images of at least some of the products announced at last year's NMRA, especially the rolling stock. Don't know about Daisy or Peter Sam.

Bachmann might as well list LBSC Thomas and Busy Bee James to their web store, as well as the Narrow Gauge Brake Vans, N Scale James and the tankers, and Large Scale Diesel.
Daisy and Peter Sam are probably being held back by issues in China. The Coronavirus has been causing manufacturing issues across multiple industries, and I doubt model trains are going to be an exception. Thomas & James are probably getting by easier since their toolings already exist.

Quote from: Rodimus Supreme on February 24, 2020, 01:03:21 PM
So why didn't Bachmann post a thread for the new announcements this year? I know that magazine revealed them already, but Bachmann always posts a thread for all the new announcements.
Probably because the fans beat them to it for once...

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: Cheeky_ULP on February 24, 2020, 01:55:58 PM
Quote from: TrainFan97 on February 23, 2020, 11:53:52 PM

Daisy and Peter Sam are probably being held back by issues in China. The Coronavirus has been causing manufacturing issues across multiple industries, and I doubt model trains are going to be an exception. Thomas & James are probably getting by easier since their toolings already exist.

Quote from: Rodimus Supreme on February 24, 2020, 01:03:21 PM
Probably because the fans beat them to it for once...
That's not a reason to not post them, though.

Chaz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byhs2PTqisI

Better look at the Toy Fair display, interestingly the faces on Thomas and Percy were not swapped back yet, but I have a feeling this will be fixed in final production.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

JLK2707

I was just wondering about the show thomas and friends. I have a potential idea, which is why don't they have more than one of the same character, not just as a recolour, but having more than one of the same character (I.e. more than one thomas or Percy) show up in the same episode to make things more enlightening. Or would this just confuse viewers?

TTL

Need me some Sir Handel and more Talyllyn stock.