News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Everything Thomas Topic

Started by Chaz, August 13, 2019, 12:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainshockeylifE

With everything being shut down due to the COVID-19, I'm guessing that everything will be delayed such as Daisy and Peter Sam.

JLK2707

Yeah. That wouldn't surprise me whatsoever. On another note, has anybody here just updated their tidmouth milk tankers and sodor fuel tankers to their CGI counterparts yet? If yes, how was it done? The reason I ask is because I am looking into doing it myself.

Chaz

Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Titanic5972

Now let's hope they fix the OO gauge face!

Kemptown Branch

Here's a link to a picture that shows the scaling of the N Scale models pretty well:
http://fav.me/ddjduxc

The picture is from Merritt Trainboy on deviantart. I believe the models are on Bachmann's standard 5 inch pieces of track, so if anyone has that type of track and the Tomix models, it could prove an interesting comparison. The interesting thing is that it seems that only Annie and Clarabel seem to follow CGI scaling, since Thomas appears to be quite large compared to the trucks, like his Model Series and Bachmann HO and Large counterparts.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

Chaz

Not sure who is currently updating Bachmann's website but if you guys to take a look at Bachmann's webstore, you'll notice that Bachmann took the time to update the bios for most of the engines, rolling stock and other accessories, including Peter Sam (Daisy doesn't have one yet).  It's the little things like this that show that Bachmann was still trying, and the fact they included some references like Farmer Finney being Terence's driver and Rusty's RWS appearance were very nice touches.  Definitely worth checking out if anyone is interested.

They even mention Douglas smashing the spiteful brake van, so better not share that with the normies...! 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

JLK2707

TrainFan97

I just heard that Michael Angelis, the UK narrator for Seasons 3-16, has passed away.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

JLK2707

Rodimus Supreme

https://twitter.com/US_trainmodeler/status/1253491613256597504

Dang, I didn't realize how small the N Scale line was really going to be.

TrainshockeylifE

Oh yeah I forgot I tweeted that lol

Angelob6660

I'm surprised that Thomas wasn't compared to a normal N Scale locomotive.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

TrainFan97

Any day now, the N Scale models should arrive in stock, or at least have their images on the webstore. Either their images will be posted about a few months before arriving in stock, or the images will be posted at the time of release, like Toad was. I'm pretty sure they would arrive earlier than fall.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

TrainshockeylifE

Expect information and new announcements on the 13th online for the Virtual show.  I think it'll be on Facebook. Hopefully they'll have some news on Daisy and Peter Sam. I emailed them to confirm they would have news then and they said, " We still plan on doing our normal product announcements in July." So hopefully there will be some news.

TrainFan97

We probably won't have anything exciting happen until the middle of July, when the announcements are made.

Hopefully, we'll have some news on the upcoming N Scale models, and the products announced at last year's NMRA. Like everyone else, I'm anxious for Daisy's reveal. It's been almost a year since she was announced.