News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Everything Thomas Topic

Started by Chaz, August 13, 2019, 12:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTL

Hoping for at least an update on PS, but looking forward to hopefully an update on the N scale range's release. Looking forward to seeing how good the Percy chassis is.
Need me some Sir Handel and more Talyllyn stock.

Chaz

So earlier (out of complete boredom) I did some research and I took a look at all the Bachmann products listed in the 2020 catalog for HO and decided to look up what's been released in the newer packaging with the CG Thomas promo.  In the process of this I made a list of everything that hasn't been released in the new packaging yet so far, and when I finished the list completely fascinated me.  So, I figured I would share my findings on here so far.  If anyone has seen these in the newer packaging feel free to share that as well.  The list of what's not in the newer packaging yet is as follows:

Missing HO rolling stock:
Green mail car
Cream tanker
Raspberry syrup tanker
Cargo car
Fuel tank (that one is coming to the UK range so I expect new packaging for that one really soon)

Missing narrow gauge stock:
Slate wagon
Slate wagon 101
Slate wagon 164
Open wagon
Blue van
Red van

Missing accessories:
Terence
Farmer McColl
Switch tower
Tidmouth expansion pack
Water tower
Square water tower
Windmill
Lighthouse
All resin buildings

The number of accessories that have been released in the newer packaging so far is a number I can show with one hand: Bertie, Harold, Cranky, Jeremy and the conductor figure (yes the conductor figure has been released in the newer packaging sooner than Sir Topham Hatt).

Either way I hope this list helps give people an idea of which products are still holding the test of time.  The normal coal wagon with load is still being made and same with the red open wagon which really surprised me.  As I said earlier there are some I kind of expect to see in the newer packaging soon like the sound Thomas, the fuel and oil tankers, and Sir Topham Hatt, but at the same time I could see a good number of these being discontinued at some point in the future like the cargo car and the cream and raspberry syrup tankers.

Either way let me know your thoughts on this so far.  The source for where I found pictures of all the other products with the newer packaging are all on eBay or can be found on google images.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Kemptown Branch

I think I saw a Sir Topham Hatt in the new box style at a train show in January. I didn't take a picture, though.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

Angelob6660

Now I need to check Mavis and the green mail car since I have those.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

TrainFan97

They'd better give us more info, including the release timing of the first wave of N Scale Thomas models, along with the 75th Anniversary HO Scale set. Origin James is said to be available this December. We might also get the release timing of both LBSC Thomas and Busy Bee James.

Busy Bee James will most likely not sell very well, while Origin James is going to sell a lot better. Having two James recolors for HO Scale in the same year had very mixed reactions.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Mulfred100

Found on basstonemusic's twitter

Kemptown Branch

Nice to finally see official pictures of Thomas and Percy! I'm excited for the new line's release!

US_thomasmodeler

Is it just me or is Thomas' whistle blue?

Kemptown Branch

Quote from: US_thomasmodeler on July 25, 2020, 12:52:58 PM
Is it just me or is Thomas' whistle blue?
It does kind of look like it, but I wouldn't worry too much. The Large Scale Percy photo, for example, shows a green bunker, but the actual product has the correct black bunker.

Mulfred100

One thing I would like to add. Just looked on trainworld's website and Annie, Clarabel and the Truck's are all showing (add to cart) where as Thomas and Percy are (Taking Back orders) so maybe they are out now? My brains not working 100% today so someone please tell me if I am wrong

TrainFan97

There we have it. The release timing of the first wave of the N Scale line. Still don't know the exact month they'll arrive in stock. Most likely September or October.

Maybe later this year, we'll get an unpainted sneak peek of N Scale James and the tankers.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Kemptown Branch

Quote from: Mulfred100 on July 25, 2020, 03:13:59 PM
One thing I would like to add. Just looked on trainworld's website and Annie, Clarabel and the Truck's are all showing (add to cart) where as Thomas and Percy are (Taking Back orders) so maybe they are out now? My brains not working 100% today so someone please tell me if I am wrong
That's interesting, it's showing the same for me, too.

Runnersign1999

With Bachmann discontinuing building releases like Tidmouth Sheds and Maithwaite what will you release next? I recommend the Shipping Company warehouse, the Watermill, Mccoll's Barn and Mr. Jolly's Chocolate factory. I worried about the discontinue aspect.

Mulfred100

Tomorrow 6pm EDT live stream with Bachmann and Trainworld. Theres even a part of the stream dedicated just to Thomas

:)