News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Everything Thomas Topic

Started by Chaz, August 13, 2019, 12:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelob6660

That's cool. Unfortunately I don't have Facebook account. I'll look forward for details.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

little railway

Quote from: Mulfred100 on July 25, 2020, 11:22:36 AM
Found on basstonemusic's twitter

I'm happy to finally see some pictures. Anyone knows when they'll arrive in stock?

Mulfred100

It appears that trainworld are currently stocking the rolling stock so its only a matter of time before both Thomas and Percy become available. Their site says they are due to arrive 30th September but thats just a rough guide. Don't forget the stream tonight on Facebook and YouTube. Bachmann and trainworld have been teasing us with these.

Chaz

The video Doug Blaine did was fantastic, and it really made a lot of people happy again after the disappointing response.  So as usual here are my thoughts:

Origin James looks great, and as I said earlier I am happy that both him and the LBSC Thomas are will be on the way later this year.  I'm surprised the Busy Bee James did not get mentioned but I don't think too many people are complaining about that.

The N scale Annie Clarabel and the troublesome trucks are out now?  Surprised they didn't wait until launch but they were probably cheaper to release.   The tankers also look amazing as well and I'm also surprised they will be out by the end of the year too.  No update on the N scale James but I think it's safe to assume he will be out in 2021 along with Daisy and Peter Sam.

The conflats with crates look pretty good as well.  I can see these selling better than the wagons that got announced earlier last year.  The crates actually look nice for what they are and appreciate the variety.  I'm surprised Troublesome Truck #6 was not shown though.

And lastly large scale Diesel with some paint on him looks great so far too.  Can't wait to see him fully completed as well.  It was nice seeing a full 360 look at him too.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Kemptown Branch

This was pretty awesome! Like everyone else, I'm super happy to see the updates to everything, but I'm especially glad to see the new N Scale Tankers! They look great!
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

Falcon the 2nd

Tuned into the TrainWorld stream. I, too, enjoyed Doug's video quite a bit! It served as a good recovery to the previous stream since more content was mentioned and I hope something like it can be done again in a future stream.

I wasn't expecting the N Scale Annie, Clarabel and both troublesome trucks to be available so soon, but they are still welcomed ahead of Thomas and Percy. Same goes for the now-colored tankers. It figures that rolling stock is easy enough to produce.

Large Scale Diesel's showcase was certainly the icing on the cake. Worth noting that his siderods are currently metallic in case any discussion is necessary.

So just to recap, we'll be seeing these for the remainder of 2020:
- HO Scale LBSC Thomas
- HO Scale Origins James
- HO Scale Busy Bee James
- All three HO Scale 1-Plank Wagons
- N Scale Thomas
- N Scale Percy
- N Scale Thomas starter set
- All three N Scale Tankers (Oil, Fuel, Water)
- Both Narrow Gauge Brake Vans (could be delayed)
And these for 2021:
- HO Scale Daisy
- Narrow Gauge Peter Sam
- N Scale James
- Large Scale Diesel

I could be forgetting some items, but this should be most of Bachmann's products to come. A pretty solid lineup, all things considered. It's been quite a while since I personally last saw Bachmann have this many items on the books by the end of a year and next year is already shaping up to be a treat.
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van

TrainFan97

Daisy and Peter Sam are not arriving until 2021. Oh well, at least they won't be rushed, and Bachmann is taking their time to make those models as good as possible. It takes time to make a good quality product. We don't want something rushed. HO Scale products that will be available by the end of this year are LBSC Thomas, Origin and Busy Bee James (the latter which wasn't shown for some reason), along with the 75th Anniversary set, and the 1-Plank wagons, which now got a first look.

For N Scale, Annie, Clarabel, and the first two Troublesome Trucks are already available, but there are still no engines to pull them yet. Thomas and Percy should be available soon. The tankers are also going to be available later this year. The Water Tanker is based on the dark blue HO Scale model, while the Fuel Tanker is based on the Large Scale model with the CGI series design like the Oil Tanker. For 2021, they must announce the Milk Tanker. Still no sign of N Scale James yet. Other welcome rolling stock additions would be the Mail Car, S.C. Ruffey, Red Open Wagon, Red Coaches, Henrietta if we get Toby, and of course, a Brake Van.

Large Scale Diesel now got another look, but still not fully painted yet. Looks great so far, but still won't be available until 2021. Maybe they'll make Paxton for Large Scale next, which might be a safer bet than 'Arry and Bert.

HO Scale Daisy, HOn30 Scale Peter Sam, N Scale James, and Large Scale Diesel should all definitely be on display at the Toy Fair next year. Maybe the Narrow Gauge Brake Vans as well.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

TerencetheTractor525

Upon watching TrainWorld's stream today, I must state that I am very grateful that Doug Blaine took the time to make an exclusive Thomas portion for us. A great amount of new information and product reveals were presented, which was the number one thing that I was hoping for.

The reveal of the three flat cars with crates was definitely the nicest surprise, as the crates look stunning. I will definitely be purchasing all three of them. The other new reveal, that was very surprising to see, was the N scale tankers, as those were just announced in February and utilized a new N scale tanker tooling. Additionally, while Daisy and Peter Sam have been delayed to 2021, I am glad that Doug Blaine still mentioned them in the stream, as that definitely cleared up many uncertainties regarding them. Finally, I really appreciate that Large Scale Diesel was shown with a 360 turnaround, as multiple Thomas fans have stated that they would like to see Diesel from more angles. Overall, this portion of the stream proved that Bachmann reads all of our forum posts with great care, and thus, it definitely made up for the disappointment in regards to the Thomas line from July 16th.

As for the Troublesome Tanker (Troublesome Truck #6), Bachmann may still be trying to decide which face to use out of all the troublesome tanker faces from Toad Stands By: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXvJpnwaTFc

Once again, thank you very much for a very satisfying Thomas portion in today's TrainWorld stream, and I look forward to seeing more updates on the new products in the coming months.
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

GordonPacific04

Overall, I think the presentation was fine. I was happy to see the new rolling stock models, (both HO and N) and diesel's large scale model looks great. I'm glad they dedicated a portion of the stream to Thomas after last weeks disappointment.

However, I'm very disappointed that we Daisy and Peter Sam have been delayed.

TrainFan97

The fact that Troublesome Truck #6 wasn't shown yet must mean that Bachmann is still working on it.

If it's based on one of those tankers from the Season 4 episode "Toad Stands By", it will have really good sales, but if it's based on the African tanker from the illustration, the sales could be very minimal. If based on the oil tankers with faces that first appeared in Journey Beyond Sodor, the sales could be slightly better, but still not as good as the Season 4 one. If they just slap a face on the HO Scale Oil Tanker, then they might as well discontinue the faceless one.

If Bachmann wants the best sales out of Troublesome Truck #6, it must be based on the Troublesome Tankers from Toad Stands By (Season 4) because the classic (model) series is the best choice for Troublesome Trucks in general. They just don't have the same charm in the CGI series.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Hilux5972

Very glad to see the section dedicated to Thomas in the live video. A bit disappointing to hear that Daisy will not be released until 2021 now but that means she will be even more anticipated and hopefully even better. Great to see a better view of Black James as well.

Rodimus Supreme

I hope Daisy's delay is from Bachmann maybe trying to convince Mattel to approve a Model Series accurate design.

TrainFan97

I wouldn't bet on Daisy being based on her model series incarnation, but if that was to happen, Bachmann can use the same rear bogie to make BoCo. At least Daisy's CGI render is actually good, unlike Duncan's.

Looking forward to N Scale Thomas and Percy finally becoming available, along with the Thomas starter set. The N Scale line already has a lot of great potential. We should definitely see James no later than the Toy Fair in February 2021. HO Scale Daisy and Peter Sam should also be ready by then.

Mulfred100

Firstly thank you Bachmann for the stream and Doug for taking that time to do that. I think most of us appreciate these little updates especially since trainshows are a no go right now. The three 1 plank wagons with creates look amazing. I can see they will be a hit with fans. I was very impressed with those and even the fact of the different colour variations which is a very nice touch. Origin James looks splendid too as we all expected him to. The N scale tankers again look amazing as do Thomas, Percy and the rolling stock already announced. Looking forward to seeing these in videos and reviews soon. Large Scale Diesel is again something that really impressed me. I will definitely be buying him in the future and I can see how much potential his model has to be reused for Paxton and other 08s. So nice to see a 360 of him. As for the items not shown firstly Daisy and Peter Sam. Its nice to know they are still being worked on and will be released next year hopefully in time for February's announcements if not at least having product images. I'm glad Bachmann are taking their time on these to really get them right. Let's not forget Daisy is the first big bogie diesel in the Thkmas line so she's bound to take a bit longer then your stanard tank engine or 08 shunter. I fully expect her to be based off her CGI roles (given thats the image they used to promote her upon her announcement). Her windows will likely be blacked out. I'm pretty sure of that, hopefully painted black not silver but thats another discussion. Peter Sam again I imagine he is more challenging given his special funnel but the two year window lines up Rusty released in 2019 and Rheneas in 2017. Now for the items not shown Busy Bee James I'm sure that he is still on his way even though I know not many people care. Troublesome truck 6 I think will be a 2020 release. Bachmann knows what they are doing and its a pretty easy repaint with a face. As for the Narrow Guage breakvans I am optimistic they will be a 2020 release maybe around Christmas but at the same time if they are a 2021 release I would rather Bachmann take their time and unlike the coaches these are 1 tooling so once one is made then they both are its just a case of adding the blue or red paint to them. Lastly N Scale James, he will definitely be a hit for 2021 and I wouldn't be surprised if we see some prototype images of him similar to how we saw Thomas and Percy last year. All in all I think everything announced should have product images by February and hopefully will be out by summer 2021 at the latest then bachmann can work on their next endeavours. Great presentation. Thank you once again Bachmann and Doug for the time you took making this and talking to us all about the line.

Rodimus Supreme

I missed the Thomas and Friends presentation part. Does anyone have screencaps from that part of the new products?