News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Everything Thomas Topic

Started by Chaz, August 13, 2019, 12:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US_thomasmodeler

If only Bachmann would also produce Gauge One Replica's like CoolProps is doing. I've just ordered the CoolProps thomas and it's expected to come in around December or January 2021. It's great to see new companies produce wonderful Thomas Merchandise. Still can't wait for Bachmann to release Daisy, Peter Sam, and the n scale items!

Chaz

Quote from: Kemptown Branch on July 04, 2020, 11:47:52 AM
I think I saw a Sir Topham Hatt in the new box style at a train show in January. I didn't take a picture, though.

I updated my list as I recently found an image of STH in the newer style packaging along with the sound Thomas (who was in the older package but had a new label/sticker in the packaging showing he was in production), as well as the lobster van and oil tanker.  The list has been updated thanks again for pointing that out.  Apart from the fuel tank which is coming to the UK range, I think the rest of the HO rolling stock that hasn't had the new packaging yet I could see getting discontinued sometime next year or the year after. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Angelob6660

Quote from: Zekeism on August 01, 2020, 05:14:03 PM
Imagine they made a limited edition classic funnel Peter Sam lol?

I wouldn't mind a special edition Peter Sam with his original funnel. During the past several years I thought it would be nice if Peter Sam got original funnel back.  Since the locomotive he's based on had the same funnel. Later on it got his original funnel back.

Something different.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

JLK2707

Happy 36th anniversary to the tv show Thomas and friends! Today is just 36 years since thomas and Gordon first aired on British tv! ;)

Falcon the 2nd

More shipment windows have been estimated through Bachmann's Twitter. The N Scale Tankers and the HO Scale LBSC Thomas, Busy Bee James & Plank Wagons should be shipping early on in December. The Narrow Gauge Brake Vans and N Scale James are looking to be 2021 items by this time. Currently no word on the HO Scale Origins James.

Original posts:
https://twitter.com/bachmanntrains/status/1324053028400488448

https://twitter.com/bachmanntrains/status/1324376491854073856

https://twitter.com/bachmanntrains/status/1324052324122243075
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van

TTL

Hoping to at least get an update on those brakevans during that upcoming livestream. Origins James I see for either December or early 2021.
Need me some Sir Handel and more Talyllyn stock.

TrainFan97

It's possible Origin James will be released at the same time as LBSC Thomas and Busy Bee James, since Origin James was said to be shipping in December in the NMRA catalog, but that could be subject to change.

I think it's safe to say that Troublesome Truck #6 is now a 2021 item, since they still haven't said anything about that one. Hopefully, it will be revealed at the Toy Fair this February. We knew it was already confirmed that both Daisy and Peter Sam are 2021 items. Large Scale Diesel was also confirmed to be a 2021 item, but should be revealed fully painted soon. If Daisy's image isn't posted by the Toy Fair, we can hope that her image will be in the 2021 catalog.

Still no word on the 75th Anniversary HO Scale set.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Rodimus Supreme

Considering how Bachmann Oliver is based more on his CGI Series proportions, I almost wonder if he, or more specifically his chassis, has ended up being HO (1:87) scale, instead of OO (1:76) scale?

Angelob6660

I totally forgot about the narrow gauge brake vans. I was more focused on Black James than anything else.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Falcon the 2nd

Things have been looking pretty dry in the Thomas forums as of late, but now we have some news on upcoming products!

LBSC Thomas and all three of the one-plank wagons are now available. Item numbers are 58739 for Thomas and 77402 to 77404 for the wagons. Announcements below:
https://twitter.com/bachmanntrains/status/1336311835394510854
https://twitter.com/bachmanntrains/status/1336385570965254146
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van

Chaz

Really happy the LBSC Thomas is out in time for Christmas!  I probably won't share my thoughts on that until then.

thomasj219

Anyone ever come across a decent model of the Sodor Shipping Co. building?

Shapeways, custom etc.?
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

TerencetheTractor525

Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Chaz

I figured they were going to use the BWBA tanker as a reference so I'm not entirely surprised.  It's not something I ever had a particular interest in since it got announced (or even had high hopes for), but I can easily understand why some people may not be on board with this.

It's nice seeing all these updates/releases around Christmas though.  Hopefully the Origin James will be out soon too.