News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Everything Thomas Topic

Started by Chaz, August 13, 2019, 12:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Runnersign1999

Here's my list of possible products in the future.

HO Scale
Whiff (with moving eyes)
Breakdown Train
Rocky
Sidney (with moving eyes)
NER vans

Narrow Gauge
Duncan
Slab Wagons

N Scale
Edward
Toad
Tar Tanker
Sodor Fuel Tanker

Large Scale
Saxa van
CCT van

Scenery
The Chocolate Factory
Maron Station
The Railway Works
Dryaw Goods Station

Accessories
Sodor Inn
Neptune Refreshments
Knapford Bus Yard

Hilux5972

Agreed that the breakdown crane would be a good addition, but would most likely have the faces which I'm not a fan of. Sidney is an obvious choice since he doesn't require any new tooling. Whiff, hmm not sure, perhaps too limited screen time? Duncan for narrow gauge is a high possibility, as is Edward for N Gauge I think.

TrainFan97

It's really sad what's happening to Thomas.

Season 24 was the end of an era. Not only was it the end of the CGI series, but it was the end of all continuity established since Season 1. The show we knew and loved is dead. Season 25 will be a total reboot, but not a good one, as it throws realism completely out the window, and Thomas will be the main character of every episode (wasting all story potential) with atrocious character design. Mattel did the exact opposite of what the fans wanted. As if it wasn't already bad enough that Big World Big Adventures only fixed what wasn't broken.

Season 21 was the last season to be half-decent up until the episode "A Shed for Edward" which confirmed our worst fears. The show started going back downhill since then. Now, we're at a point where the show is going to make Season 15 and Misty Island Rescue look like masterpieces. Taking everything back of what was said about Sharon Miller.

All I can say about the upcoming reboot; it's going to flop hard. It's DOA. Mattel refused to listen too many times, and it will ultimately be their downfall. They've gotten way too conservative with the Thomas brand.

Hopefully, Bachmann will still keep giving us models based on the show we knew and loved, as the cartoony designs of the upcoming reboot can't possibly work as high quality model trains. Way too caricature-like and out-of-place. At least Bachmann cares, which is why Daisy is coming soon to HO Scale.

Most greedy corporations (like Mattel) pay absolutely no attention to this phrase: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Angelob6660

Thomas and the Magic Railroad killed the franchise for me. I tried watching season 5 after that and I give up on it.

Rejoined watching Thomas after joining the forum during season 15 I believe. A few things in the CGI I like and a lot I don't.

Mattel didn't release school supplies in Thomas and friends except for backpacks. When did the last time you saw pencils, pens, notebooks, folders in Thomas decoration? I haven't and I check every store before school starts. Plus most cake stores doesn't carry thomas anymore. One year I wanted a Thomas cake; was rejected because of the cake booklet.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

clrp5150

But wasn't season 5 released before TATMRR? Maybe I'm remembering wrong, because I wasn't alive back then.
Personal wishlist:
Locomotives: Stepney, Murdoch and Stanley
Rolling stock: Tar Tanker and Red Express coaches rerelease, Spencer's brake coach and the breakdown train
Buildings: Tidmouth Sheds and Knapford Station rerelease, as well as the watermill

Angelob6660

Yes although season 5 did come out in 1998. I didn't know about new episodes on VHS. The newest tape I have back then was 10 year Anniversary. I bought "Make Somebody Happy" and "Cranky Bugs" a few weeks after the movie. Since my covers read 1999 and 2000 cover art.

I thought watching the disaster of a movie, the tv show episodes will fix that and it ever really did. I went back to season 1 with Ringo Starr or George Carlin.

I was alive back then, I was 14 years old.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

TrainFan97

I really think Mattel did this reboot purposely to devastate and insult the fans, even insulting the late Rev. Awdry himself. Why else would they be doing the exact opposite of what we want? It's proof that Mattel loves treating the fans like dirt, ignoring all backlash. The only time Mattel did listen to backlash was when they made Thomas Wood fully painted. Just imagine if Rev. Awdry were alive right now, or if we could somehow resurrect him.

The fact that they ended the show in its original form, and nothing before the reboot will matter anymore, is just so upsetting. It's so disheartening of Mattel. Such a disservice to the fans. No more drivers or firemen. No more narrator. Worst of all, no more realism whatsoever. Engines can now jump off the tracks. So many childhoods have died, thanks to corporate greed. We all knew this already infamous reboot would be DOA as soon as it was announced. It's going to flop so hard, it could lead to Mattel going bankrupt. They refused to listen for far too long, and now our beloved franchise has hit rock bottom.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

JLK2707

I agree. The new series just sucks!

DinoNTrains

Quote from: TrainFan97 on January 25, 2021, 12:31:23 AM
Season 24 was the end of an era.

I couldn't have said it better myself! I know that Thomas' Animal Friends was the final episode to air, but Thomas and the Royal Engine is a much better episode to serve as the series finale. And I know that, according to the TTTE Wiki, it was supposed to be the finale of Season 24, but it still serves as a great send off for the series proper.

Now I know that we're sad about the upcoming reboot. But at the same time, I will forever cherish the fond, wonderful memories from Thomas the Tank Engine. As they say, "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Hilux5972

Talking of the Royal Engine, a model of Duchess would be amazing. The Duchess's quite suit a grey livery. Not sure about the LNER tender though lol

Rodimus Supreme

So Bachmann posted on Twitter that they're aware of the demand for Stepney and will be looking into the possibility of producing him in the future.
https://mobile.twitter.com/bachmanntrains/status/1242860357036707840

TrainFan97

Nice to see Bachmann actually acknowledge Stepney's demand. They're even talking about possibly making him in the near future. They should make him the next new tooling for HO Scale after Ryan. If we keep up the demand, Bachmann Stepney could soon become a reality. Once HO Scale Bachmann Stepney gets confirmed, no more having to pay a phenomenal price for his Hornby model off of eBay.

While it's nice that they're making Ryan to go with Daisy, but what the fans here REALLY want is Stepney. He would be the first engine based on the model series since Duck. They might save BoCo for after Stepney gets announced, who is another model series character with demand, but not as much as Stepney. After Stepney gets announced is when it will be time to really push for BoCo, since model series characters will be back on the table.

Rodimus Supreme

Some people I'm talking to on Discord have been asking this question, so I'll ask it here and maybe Bachmann or an admin can answer: If this reboot truly causes the cancellation of the show and basically the end of the franchise, would Bachmann quit making Thomas and Friends models or would they still be able to keep going?

TrainFan97

I'm sure that as long as the models continue to sell, Bachmann won't drop their Thomas line anytime soon. Their Chuggington line was short-lived, but those models may have never been popular.

I really hope Bachmann Thomas models can still go on, even if the show does get cancelled. It basically is cancelled already because Mattel thought it was a good idea to just kill off the original show altogether, and start a brand new show (which is already doomed to fail). The Thomas franchise desperately needs a more competent company to buy the rights from Mattel.

Though, I am still concerned about the future of Bachmann Thomas models. The future of the TV series looks bleak, and Mattel put the franchise in a toilet.

clrp5150

Imagine if the new series flopped and Bachmann just bought all the rights to T&F
Personal wishlist:
Locomotives: Stepney, Murdoch and Stanley
Rolling stock: Tar Tanker and Red Express coaches rerelease, Spencer's brake coach and the breakdown train
Buildings: Tidmouth Sheds and Knapford Station rerelease, as well as the watermill