News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Everything Thomas Topic

Started by Chaz, August 13, 2019, 12:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLK2707

You should just get some Hornby faces and put them on them.

JLK2707

Today is just a whole year since Michael Angelis died! RIP!:(

clrp5150

Did you guys realize that the 3 most expensive engines (Spencer, Ryan and Gordon) are all cousins?
Personal wishlist:
Locomotives: Stepney, Murdoch and Stanley
Rolling stock: Tar Tanker and Red Express coaches rerelease, Spencer's brake coach and the breakdown train
Buildings: Tidmouth Sheds and Knapford Station rerelease, as well as the watermill

Angelob6660

I understand Spencer and Gordon. I'm not really understanding why Ryan could be related to those express engines.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Metal

What makes them cousins in theory, is that they have the same designer. All 3 of them were built by Sir Nigel Gresley.

clrp5150

Quote from: Metal on May 31, 2021, 12:52:10 PM
What makes them cousins in theory, is that they have the same designer. All 3 of them were built by Sir Nigel Gresley.
Designed, not necasarely built.
Personal wishlist:
Rolling stock: Tar Tanker and Red Express coaches rerelease, Spencer's brake coach and the breakdown train
Buildings: Tidmouth Sheds and Knapford Station rerelease, as well as the watermill

Angelob6660

That's very interesting information. That Sir Nigel Gresley brilliant engineer designed those locomotives.

The real theory would be who build them. Doncaster Works (3) or North British Locomotive Company (2) without Spencer.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Falcon the 2nd

I just tuned into today's 'Thomas Tuesday' stream on TrainWorld's YouTube channel. It was a very enjoyable stream with some good content!

Both the HO Scale Daisy and James were shown off in closer detail, and they were also shown in motion. Official pictures of them are likely to be uploaded on the Bachmann online store soon. Both models are shaping up to be great, at least in my opinion, and I look forward to reserving them. They might actually be the first Thomas models that I end up reserving-

No big updates on other products were shared, but it was said that good progress is being made with Peter Sam and the first test shot of him should be shared within the near future.

I really wish I was able to properly attach photo proof, but the HO Scale James is also receiving another update - this time with a fully painted smokebox, finally. The updated model should be shipping out fairly soon alongside several engine restocks on TrainWorld's website.

Like past streams, the event will likely be uploaded on TrainWorld's channel soon for everyone to see in case they missed it.
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van

Chaz

I found it funny how James has been updated for the third time now, either way it fixes the rest of the paint errors on the HO model which is a nice touch.  Makes me wonder when other revisions will be made to other models in the future. 

Excited to see official pictures of the Daisy and N scale James models soon too.  It was nice seeing them run and the Trainworld stream as always was a lot of fun to watch and also good to hear that they are still making progress on Peter Sam. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

clrp5150

Ok, so here are all the visible flaws with every HO scale engine.
Thomas
-Inaccurate face
-No front coupler
Edward
-No safety valves
Henry
-Tender is too short (only by a few millimeters)
-Gray coupling hooks, brake pipes, lamp irons, and axleboxes, when they should be black
Gordon
-Cab is too tall
-Gray coupling hooks, brake pipes, lamp irons, and axleboxes, when they should be black
James
-Inaccurate face
-No front coupler
-Rear brake pipe is on the wrong side of the coupling hook
Percy
-Inaccurate face
-No rear coupling hook
-Coupling hook and coal bunker are gray when they should be black
-Coal bunker is oversized
-Cab steps are on the running board instead of under it
-Cab is too tall (only by a few millimeters)
Toby
-Gray coupling hooks when they should be black
Duck
-Black buffer housings when they should be red
-One whistle valve instead of two
Donald and Douglas
-Missing cab handrails that support the roof
Oliver
-No handrails on the front of his water tank
Emily
-Green water cap instead of black
Bill and Ben
-Perfect!
Spencer
-Footplate flattens out at the cab, when it should keep going at a slope
Rosie
-No brake pipes
Red Rosie
-No brake pipes
-No rivets
-Window and cylinder lining are silver instead of gray
Diesel
-Perfect!
Daisy
-Perfect!
Mavis
-Perfect!
Salty
-Perfect!
Arry and Bert
-The have brake pipes and faux wires around their headlights. This is due to the fact that they use the same molding as Diesel, who does have these in the TV show
Paxton
-His face is very incorrectly proportioned

Hopefully they will fix the ones that do not require new molds within the next few years. I expect Percy to be the next locomotive that goes through a major update.
Personal wishlist:

TrainFan97

Anytime now, the official images of HO Scale Daisy and N Scale James will be posted to the webstore. They should be available no later than fall.

They still had nothing to show for Peter Sam just yet, but he's well in the works. We should get an unpainted sample of Peter Sam soon.

Hopefully by the end of the year, we could at least get unpainted samples of HO Scale Ryan and N Scale Toby.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

ScrumptiouslySouthern

Quote from: JLK2707 on May 30, 2021, 03:39:06 AM
You should just get some Hornby faces and put them on them.
For $100 and upwards the models should be adequate without any modification, and from what I can tell, Hornby's faces would be much too large to fit properly.

Quote from: TrainFan97 on June 02, 2021, 05:05:59 PM
Anytime now, the official images of HO Scale Daisy and N Scale James will be posted to the webstore. They should be available no later than fall.

They still had nothing to show for Peter Sam just yet, but he's well in the works. We should get an unpainted sample of Peter Sam soon.

Hopefully by the end of the year, we could at least get unpainted samples of HO Scale Ryan and N Scale Toby.
Exciting stuff, hopefully Ryan will progress faster than Daisy did now that the pandemic is starting to get under control. Fingers crossed that a Peter Sam sample is shown soon, its been such a long wait!
My Greedy Little Wish List: BoCo, Stepney, Porter, & Sir Handel

Angelob6660

I think a late fall sample of Peter Sam could be possible. Because I still believe Peter Sam will release next year around Winter.
-Kathy Selden

JLK2707

Maybe Bachmann could make trains just based on the reboot. How are they too cartoony to make good models from?

TrainFan97

Quote from: JLK2707 on June 05, 2021, 09:53:02 AM
Maybe Bachmann could make trains just based on the reboot. How are they too cartoony to make good models from?

Seriously, you want Bachmann to only make trains based on the reboot? Do you even know how hated the reboot "All Engines Go" is? If Bachmann only made trains based on the reboot, nobody would buy them. They're too cartoony because... well, just look at them. They don't look anything like something that belongs on a genuine model railroad. More like something that belongs in a toddler's toy line. Plus, they'd be WAY too out-of-place compared to what Bachmann has done. That's why Bachmann has to stick with the original designs, which are much more realistic and better-received. If Bachmann was to make anything based on All Engines Go, just think of the backlash. There would be a huge backlash.

Like, are you defending the reboot or something?
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.