News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Everything Thomas Topic

Started by Chaz, August 13, 2019, 12:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: JLK2707 on June 05, 2021, 09:53:02 AM
Maybe Bachmann could make trains just based on the reboot. How are they too cartoony to make good models from?
Considering how poorly Bachmann Chuggington sold, I don't think it'd be a good idea for them to waste material and resources on such a thing.

TrainFan97

Bachmann's Chuggington range was short-lived. Bachmann would not want to waste their resources on models nobody wants to buy. That's why Bachmann can only make models based on the original show. They're much more realistic and better-received. Given how short-lived the Chuggington range was, it's clear Bachmann can't do ridiculously cartoony designs. Anything from All Engines Go would not sell well at all.

When Troublesome Truck #6 was revealed to be an African Tanker from Big World Big Adventures, fans have expressed their disappointment because of it. If Bachmann made anything based on All Engines Go, just imagine the backlash Bachmann would get. They'd want to stay away from the reboot to avoid backlash from the fans.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

JLK2707

TrainFan97, no I am not. I was just asking a question.

JLK2707

Do you think that the Chinese tender engine, the tan tender engine, along with the Henry, Oliver and Ryan recolours would just sell well? I only ask because I am consider making them myself, and my mom is going to be buying two extra bachmann Oliver models for me after June 15 to modify into the red tank engine and the purple tank engine from the BWBA era. :)

Angelob6660

Those toys would be made by Mattel not Bachmann. The cartoonist style will fit with preschoolers thru 1st grade.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was going to be a future toy line.  In the beginning or after the series end.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

JLK2707

Yeah, but the question is, what would just come after All Engines Go?

TrainFan97

It's hard to say what would come after the upcoming infamous reboot. I don't see All Engines Go getting more than two seasons, so if it does flop (it most likely will), they'll either get the show back to the way it was, or just kill the franchise completely. Hopefully not the latter.

When Mattel took over, toy quality started to plummet, and they got obsessed with internationalism. The reason the show really started going downhill since The Great Race was because Mattel had been making garbage-quality toys, and it's continuing to get worse. They thought the Big World Big Adventures rebrand would keep the show going, but it only did the opposite. Big World Big Adventures only lasted three seasons, and it was such a flop, it killed the original show.

The idea of Thomas traveling the world came from Thomas saying he wanted to "see the world" in one of the first books of The Railway Series, and Mattel thought he meant that literally, and they took it waaaaay too seriously. So, they literally made Thomas circumnavigate the globe. They shortened the episode segments to seven minutes like from Seasons 8-12. They controversially removed Edward and Henry from the main cast, and replaced them with extremely forced female characters. The stories were also getting increasingly dumber, and having pointless fantasy sequences. Many of the international episodes were also too Thomas-centric, and Thomas acted like an idiot in them as well.

With the original show now dead and buried, no thanks to Mattel and their Big World Big Aventures rebrand, we're getting All Engines Go, which isn't even CGI, but a low-budget cartoon, with character designs they call "amazing" but we call atrocious, absolutely no realism whatsoever, no more drivers or firemen, no more narrator, engines jumping off the tracks, and Thomas being the main character in every episode, thus taking Thomas-centrism to the next level, and taking away a lot of story potential. It's bad enough Thomas appears or speaks in every episode in some seasons, but literally making Thomas the main character in every episode takes it to the next level. Thomas-centrism has gotten out of control. Mattel is out of control.

If Mattel didn't think of this Big World Big Adventures rebrand, we could've still been getting good episodes from the CGI series, like Season 20. The only thing that could save the franchise would be if Thomas goes to another, more competent company, and Thomas needs another company, desperately.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

plas man

why , O' why do all engines close their eyes and sqirm when blowing their whistles - it makes you think they are constipated

JLK2707

Yeah. But I think we should just have a poll for who should return in the Marc Forster Thomas movie.

Who do you just want to return out of the following:

1. BoCo
2. Derek
3. Diesel 10
4. Arthur
5. Murdoch
6. Neville

Please just click the link here to vote: https://www.poll-maker.com/poll3719856x5f75c181-112

Hilux5972

BOCO BOCO BOCO BOCO BOCO!!!!!!!

Angelob6660

Quote from: plas man on June 06, 2021, 05:30:58 PM
why , O' why do all engines close their eyes and sqirm when blowing their whistles - it makes you think they are constipated

It might be concentration.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

JLK2707

Is the railway series thomas the same as the tv series Thomas?

Angelob6660

I would say so. If we're talking about Rev. Awray stories from season 1-4. Sparkle in Christopher ones.
-Kathy Selden

JLK2707

If Diesel 10 were to just have pulled rolling stock, what should he have pulled and why? On another note, does rick suvalle just work at Mattel?

clrp5150

How would you guys feel if Emily's model got updated to have her #12?
Personal wishlist:
Locomotives: Stepney, Murdoch and Stanley
Rolling stock: Tar Tanker and Red Express coaches rerelease, Spencer's brake coach and the breakdown train
Buildings: Tidmouth Sheds and Knapford Station rerelease, as well as the watermill