News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Everything Thomas Topic

Started by Chaz, August 13, 2019, 12:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaz

I could see them going down that route if they decide to introduce her in the N scale range.  Might not be a bad idea for their next revision after James' second revision.

Part of me also always wanted to see Duck's buffer housing updated too from black to red too.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Armada Starscream

I would love to see an addition of Emily's Number 12 on both HO and G scale as well!

Maybe they could also color Percy's bunker the correct black, as opposed to it's current grey. Maybe add a rear dummy coupling hook as well.

Chaz

Well the "updated" version of James is out.  It's nice seeing Bachmann go the full mile with the updated smokebox.  I hope that similar updates are in the future.

I think it goes without saying that if you don't have James already that this is the best variant to go with.  I do wish that the face on James would be updated too, in addition to Thomas and Percy's, but for what it is it's a nice improvement over its predecessors and that's what counts for more than anything.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Angelob6660

I would like to have that updated version. With the fill in smokebox and black wheels. I'm not really sure if I want to replace mine. I do, but I'll have 3 James's.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

clrp5150

If I got this, I would give my old one to my sister, eho is starting to collect bachmann thomas stuff. How long do you think it will be until Amazon starts getting them in?
Personal wishlist:
Locomotives: Stepney, Murdoch and Stanley
Rolling stock: Tar Tanker and Red Express coaches rerelease, Spencer's brake coach and the breakdown train
Buildings: Tidmouth Sheds and Knapford Station rerelease, as well as the watermill

Armada Starscream

Actually, if they do take the time to give Emily her Number 12 on bother her HO and G models, maybe while they're there they could also color her water filler cap the correct black instead of it's current green as well.

clrp5150

That's the only problem I have with Emily, but I don't find it that big of a deal.
Personal wishlist:
Locomotives: Stepney, Murdoch and Stanley
Rolling stock: Tar Tanker and Red Express coaches rerelease, Spencer's brake coach and the breakdown train
Buildings: Tidmouth Sheds and Knapford Station rerelease, as well as the watermill

Trainboy 48

Is this updated James out, where can I find him?
Wishlist for Bachmann to make HO Scale Engines: Sidney, Samson and Porter.
Wishlist for Bachmann to make Narrow Gauge Engines: Victor and Mille.

rustycoupler

Has anyone put a decoder into a n scale thomas ?

TrainFan97

With Toby's Museum Coaches on the horizon for HO Scale, other ways to recycle the Red Coaches/Annie/Clarabel toolings include making Blue, Green, or Orange branch line coaches. The Express Coaches' toolings can be used to make Gordon's Special Coaches, which were in the show.

When Bachmann has the chance, they can also make the Red Coaches in N Scale. They're at least finally coming to Large Scale.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

JLK2707

Should bachmann just make freight cars based on the thomas reboot?

Kemptown Branch

I don't think it would be a good idea for them to make anything based off the reboot. It probably wouldn't sell, and would be a loss for them.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

TrainFan97

Quote from: JLK2707 on July 08, 2021, 09:33:09 AM
Should bachmann just make freight cars based on the thomas reboot?

You already asked something like that before. No, it would be suicidal for Bachmann to make anything based on the reboot because it wouldn't sell well at all, and the reboot was already shaping up to be DOA from the start. Nothing but bad things were said about the reboot, and there is nothing good about it. All Engines Go is going to be a much bigger disaster than Big World Big Adventures.

That's why Bachmann has to stick with characters and designs based on the original show. They're much more realistic in terms of design. I said it before, and I'll say it again. The reboot designs are much too cartoony for high-quality model trains, even more-so than Chuggington. Why do you think the Chuggington range was short-lived? It didn't sell very well.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Armada Starscream

Quote from: TrainFan97 on July 08, 2021, 02:47:53 AM
With Toby's Museum Coaches on the horizon for HO Scale, other ways to recycle the Red Coaches/Annie/Clarabel toolings include making Blue, Green, or Orange branch line coaches. The Express Coaches' toolings can be used to make Gordon's Special Coaches, which were in the show.

When Bachmann has the chance, they can also make the Red Coaches in N Scale. They're at least finally coming to Large Scale.

That would be nice!

I would hope that some of the potential Branchline coaches, particularly the Orange and Green ones would use a slightly modified Annie and Clarabel tooling's with the faces removed, instead of making a set of Orange red Coaches. Actually, they could simply use the tooling of Emily's coaches, which are identical to Annie and CLarabel, but without the faces!

I also hope they do make Gordon's Special Coaches, particularly they make a set of Gordon's Special Composite Coach AND Brake Coach.

plas man

how about Bachmann both N & HO 'Skiff' the Railboat ?