Can a "Tyco" train connect with my Thomas & Friends Troublesome Truck #1?

Started by thedogwholikestrains, June 17, 2018, 03:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedogwholikestrains

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Can a "Tyco" train connect with my Thomas & Friends Troublesome Truck #1?

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Len

A Tyco train more than likely has 'horn-hook' type couplers. If you're real careful, you may be able to get the hook from the T&F car to latch onto the horn-hook coupler. But there's no guarantee they'll stay coupled.

The reality is the couplers on T&F cars and locos aren't really intended to be compatible with regular HO couplers used in the USofA.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Sodor Engineer

I have a TYCO train and Thomas rolling stock and they stay coupled[if you run them on flat ground]. ;)
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

Sodor Engineer

Angelob6660

Quote from: thomas fan on July 09, 2019, 09:41:38 AM
I have a TYCO train and Thomas rolling stock and they stay coupled[if you run them on flat ground]. ;)

I remember doing this over 20 years ago with a LL locomotive and freight cars. I can't really remember what freight car I had but it worked.

I wonder if Thomas Fan had a more recent example than mine. Doesn't the coupler and car in a upward/downward position in where the wheel doesn't touch the track?
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Sodor Engineer

Quote from: Angelob6660 on August 23, 2019, 11:49:48 PM
Quote from: thomas fan on July 09, 2019, 09:41:38 AM

I remember doing this over 20 years ago with a LL locomotive and freight cars. I can't really remember what freight car I had but it worked.

I wonder if Thomas Fan had a more recent example than mine. Doesn't the coupler and car in a upward/downward position in where the wheel doesn't touch the track?
I have a TYCO train and it still works and I do play with it some times :P