re-issue of old length freight cars ..... please?

Started by EandRR, August 22, 2019, 05:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EandRR

Bach Man, do you ever for see Bachmann doing a reissue on it's original length On30 freight cars? Specifically the high side gon? Oxide red with no or data only would be fantastic. 

aussie geoff

I would like very much to see a re release of the Cattle car and 2 Bay steel hopper . Every time Bachmann re releases an old line it has many improvements so I would vote for upgrades of older lines

Geoff

ScottyB

Same.

Also, since most of those original length freight cars had similar components (frame, trucks, etc) I'd love to see just those parts with the add-on component to suit one's needs. So the flatcar addon, or the high side add on, or low side add on, etc. I would think that would make them more economical.

Many of those cars were a flatcar with extra parts.

I hope that makes some sort of sense?
On30 for me, N scale for my son.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
I will certainly pass along all these requests.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

p51

While we're on this subject, can Bachmann please release cars in the ET&WNC road name? Bachmann makes four locomotives in that road name (12 and 14 in green/gold, and 11 and 12 in wartime black) yet makes no cars to go along with them...
The flat car and the tank car (both pretty close to the real cars) and boxcars could easily be made with that road name!
Coaches in that road name would look great behind those ten-wheelers, too...
I brought this up twice with a nice gentleman who comes with Bachmann to big train shows, sending photos of my own conversions and he said he'd bring it up.
-Lee

EandRR

Scotty B,
I second your idea! Bringing out low and high side gondola parts as "upgrades" is an awesome way to get us the option of 3 car types with the flatcar as a base.

ksivils

The release of low and high side gondola sides would make it easy to create "pipe gons" similar to those used by the Rio Grande in the 1950's oil and gas rush that saved the narrow Colorado/NM narrow gauge till the late 1960s.