Power supply for Bachmann EZ Command Control System Digital Dynamis Wireless

Started by BroadwayJay, August 23, 2019, 11:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BroadwayJay

I bought a Bachmann EZ Command Control System Digital Dynamis Wireless Infrared System 36505
and got a great deal but it was missing the power supply..Would someone have an extra ,or you no longer use the Bachmann EZ Command Control System Digital Dynamis Wireless Infrared System 36505, one of these
they would like to sell cheap ??Bachmann want 50.00 for one..little high don't you think??

Thanks BroadwayJay

rich1998

Welcome.

No. Not a little high. They are usually universal. Can be used here, 120 AC or the other side of the Pond. 220- 230 AC I believe. Many wall warts are universal if you look at the label on them.

You must have bought the controller at a tag sale or ebay. A dealer would have had the wall wart.

I am sure someone here might have a better solution as I am not familiar with that DCC system.

If you are familiar with electronics you could match it up with a common wall wart but you would have to know what you are doing. I have in the past. It might have a regulated output. The plug is another issue. A user here will have more knowledge.

You only have to post once. You can easily remove one message if you care to.

Good luck finding one.

Rich

BroadwayJay

Thanks Rich..I tried removing other message but it won't let me..
Yes,I bout the handset and receiver off ebay--40.00 includeing shipping..good deaql..but it will be a great deaql if I can find one of these power supplies for cheap...I have tried a few power supplies I have laying around and they won't fit..I do have one
that will power it up but will keep the short on..so,don't think this will work..I try salvation army and hoping to find the right
volts and ampage..  BroadwayJay

Terry Toenges

I was looking at the Dynamis manual. It says: "The voltage is stabilised at 15.5v ± 5%, with 2.3 amps of power."
Electronics is not one of my strong points, but would a laptop power supply like this work?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/90W-8tips-Laptop-Universal-AC-Power-Supply-Charger-Adapter-for-19V-20V-22V-24V-/201336853958
Feel like a Mogul.

BroadwayJay

I looked into those Terry at first but the problem seems to be the amps...be great if they did at 12.00)))))
electronics isn't one of my strong point either..lol  BroadwayJay

Terry Toenges

I wondered about that, too.
The one spec says "9. Output Current: 15-20V/4.5A&22V-24V/4.0A: 4.5AMP(Max)"
The 15-20V show 4.5 amps. Since Bachmann sells 5 amp boosters for their EZ command to raise the number of amps, I wondered if something with more amps in a power supply for the Dynamis would help or hurt.
I have their EZ Command but I don't have their booster or Dynamis.
Feel like a Mogul.

rich1998

The power rating, amps, is usually what the Dynamis and  locos require also. When you need more amps, a booster.
Withe the NCE Power Cab I can run three sound locos. About two amps.
I would go with the voltage and no more than the rated amps. Too many amps and say a screw driver across the rails could be really bad.
This is dangerous territory when you have limited electronics knowledge and not even sure the Dynamis works at all.
Too bad Radio Shack is out of business. They had a good selection of plugs.
At one time there was a way to remove a thread, post.

Rich

BroadwayJay

Well,not too sure I'll run three locos with sound at one time...actually going DCC is a second thought..
Just got back into model railroading after about 3 decades...A lot has changed...especially the sound)
Was just going to do a basic DC layout but bought a sound decoder and I started thinking about DCC
and especially after buying a MTH bigboy and Athearn BIGboy I see what I'm missing with the sounds..
so,I bought this the ez command on ebay for cheap for my start in DCC... Broadway Jay

rich1998

Ok, sound is another issue.
MTH is a big issue. Not quite compatible with DCC. It has a different format.
By the way, too much discussion of other brands are frowned at here.

Trains.com Model Railroader General Discussion is probably more what you would want.

I sent you PM with links.

Rich