News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Red Express Coaches

Started by Vader6, August 24, 2019, 06:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vader6

I don't know if this has been talked about already but is there any info on remaking the red express coaches that were discontinued. I've always love the coaches but no one sells them and I would think there would be a chance since we got Gordon's coaches back with an updated paint job.

Chaz

I'm surprised no one else brought this up, personally I think it is a great idea.

The most interesting thing about the first batch of express coaches Bachmann Trains released, was that the coaches weren't even in a proper red livery, but more maroon and not in a bright red like what's on the show.

Hornby released "James' composite and brake coaches" which was basically the same thing as the red express coaches and went with an updated livery after their first release in the 1980's.

Naturally Bachmann would go the same route that they did with Gordon's coaches and update the livery to what's accurate on the show.  They could either re-release them as the same express coaches or go with the James' composite and brake coaches and I would honestly be okay with either.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Sodor Engineer

Honestly that would look so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If they did update them I would buy them in an heart beat.
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

JLK2707

Me too! I am sure they would just look so cool! :)

Angelob6660

I didn't mind the red maroon color on these coaches. On the tv show the colors were to bright making them more freshly painted. So on the model it looked like they had sun weather travel effect.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

TrainFan97

I really think the Red Express Coaches should also make a comeback.

When Bachmann brought back Gordon's coaches, they were given a yellow stripe. The same can happen for the Red Express Coaches.

Hopefully, the 2020 Toy Fair announcements would have the Red Express Coaches going back into production.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Sodor Engineer

Like I said I would buy them in a heart beat cuz that would be so cool.:)

Vader6

I would honestly do the same. The whole reason I got into Ho trains was because my grandfather had a layout when I was a kid and he had a bunch of those coaches with his Thomas trains. So I would like to be able to do the same thing. Plus I think the coaches look really nice with Henry or Edward.

Sodor Engineer

JLK2707

They would all's look great behind the bachmann James! :)

Toad139

Quote from: Chaz on August 24, 2019, 07:19:03 PM
The most interesting thing about the first batch of express coaches Bachmann Trains released, was that the coaches weren't even in a proper red livery, but more maroon and not in a bright red like what's on the show.

It isn't fair to say that they weren't TV accurate. Considering they came out in 2005, they were clearly based on the Season 6-12 version of the coaches, which actually were a maroon and cream color.

I personally really liked that paint scheme, and actually preferred it over the bright red. However, I wouldn't really mind it if they changed it for a re-release.

JLK2707

Yeah, but they should just lack the corridors.