News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ-Track passing siding.

Started by SteamGene, December 19, 2007, 08:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteamGene

What do I need to create a passing siding with EZ-Track with #6 turnouts? 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Guilford Guy

2 more turnouts and a pair of hayes buffers...  ;)

Alex

Conrail Quality

Wait...2 MORE turnouts? ??? I'm confused.
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Guilford Guy

Yep, if you buy 2 more turn outs, one left, one right, and pair the lefts with the lefts, and the rights with the rights then you get 2 parallel tracks!
Alex

SteamGene

I don't want a double track and crossover turnouts.  I want a single track with a passing siding.  The nine inch curved track has too much curve in it. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Conrail Quality

Guiliford Guy: Okay then, I get what you're saying. I was just thinking more along the lines of a single track railroad.

Gene: AFAIK, you will have to cut your own EZ-Track peices for what you want. There was a post about this subject some months ago, I'll see if I can find it.
Edit: Here we go...
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,2628.0.html
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

kbell1958

I think mine was the post you were talking about.  I used a 1/3 18" radius curve with a #6 turnout to bring the passing siding back to parallel.  Hope this helps

Keith

SteamGene

Thanks.  I'll have to ask the boss if she wants a passing siding now.  If so, I'll need to find a 1/3 curve somewhere.  She may want to go with a simple oval to allow more space for the buildings. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

kbell1958

Yes, it's always a good idea to check with the boss ahead of time.  Those curves are available at most hobby shops.  You can also order them directly from Bachmann, but it would be cheaper to get them through a hobby shop.  You don't have to pay ridiculous shipping charges that way! ;D

Keith

hobo

Hey Gene,

Bachmann makes an E-Z Track Expansion Set  #44594 that has every thing you need to add a siding/passing to an existing E-Z track layout.

Here is a link to there products page
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/catalog/?function=detail&id=174

You can find this at many of the online stores as well local hobby shops.  But if you can't find this set at least you will have a list of track peaces that you can purchase individually.

My wife bought this to expand her DeWitt Clinton set.

Happy Holidays
Russell

SteamGene

Thanks, but I already have two #6 turnouts.  I use EZ-Track for the Christmas layout and nothing else.  So if I can find some 1/3 18" radius track, I'll put in a passing siding.  If not - no siding.  Last year I just had two stub ended industrial spurs, but they really had nothing to serve. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat