News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann G Scale Step Down Couplers

Started by Kurt Ostbahn, August 28, 2019, 04:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurt Ostbahn

Hello!

I am looking for the Bachmann G Scale Step Down Couplers.
The last couplers were made of an extremely brittle material and broke when screwed together with the plastic part.
Bachmann is unable to send me spare parts even though they are still in production.
Maybe someone can help me?

I'm from Austria, Europe.

best regards

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Kurt,

Bachmann made several different step down couplers for certain locomotives.  Can you tell us what locomotive you need the couplers for??  The part number for the complete coupler could be helpful as well.

Loco Bill

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Kurt Ostbahn

Hello!

Thank you for your answer!
I need the standard step down couplers for the cars, not for a specific Loco.

Greetings
Kurt

Loco Bill Canelos

HI Kurt,

Thank you for the clarification, unfortunately I do not have any.  Perhaps another forum member who uses the straight couplers could spare some step down types.

Anyone out there who can help please respond!

Cheers,

Bill

Kurt Ostbahn

Hello!

Many thanks for the help.

First, I asked the Bachmann customer Service for replacement, where they told me, that these parts have not been produced for a long time.
I told them, that the Spectrum tank car "Gramps" is still in production and these couplers are included in the box.
Then I was told by the customer service that the parts are not sold separately (I do not want to buy them - I wanted to have them replaced) and I should contact scratch builders.
That's not the kind of customer service I expected.

greetings from Austria
Kurt

www.youtube.com/eisenbahn313

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Kurt,

Sorry to hear the parts are not available separately.   Just because the tank car is still in stock does not mean it is still in production. According to the database I have they were originally produced in 2007 in China.  In 2012 they did a small rerun of the Gramps Tank cars, so the last time they were produced was in 2012. 

The warranty on all non-powered products is only 90 days.

Since I do not have inside information on Bachmann plans I can only speculate that there will not be any new runs of the Spectrum freight cars anytime soon.  They may have been available at some time in the past since I have found them on Ebay.   The price seems reasonable. Here is the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bachmann-Spectrum-DieCast-Stepped-Knuckle-Couplers-1-Pair-In-Draft-Boxes-NEW/312361674859?hash=item48ba34e86b:g:PLoAAOSwTWBangH6

The seller Al Kramer often buys out of production parts and leftover parts from Bachmann.   It is my personal opinion that you should try to take advantage of this sale and perhaps get a spare or two.  My son has these cars and will buy some for himself just for spares.

I really enjoyed the videos of your wonderful layout!

Warmest Regards,

Bill

Kurt Ostbahn

Hello Bill!

Many thanks for your reply and the link to ebay, where I can get some replacement for my couplers.

I am glad to hear, that you take a look at my layout at youtube.

Thank you so much

Greetings
Kurt

charon

Mesquite Short Line