STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2019, 08:40:10 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  SceneScapes Mixing Hopper #35101
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: SceneScapes Mixing Hopper #35101  (Read 130 times)
ncng87

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2019, 06:59:39 PM »

I just received an HO SceneScapes Mixing Hopper.  I must say it is of rather poor quality. 

1.  There are 4 resin corner pieces that hold up the top tank.  Three of the corner pieces had fallen out and the tank had come unglued from the 4th one.

2.  Whatever glue was used to assemble the building has caused the joints to corrode.

3.  It appears that there is supposed to be a door or opening in the back of the building.  The metal has shallow indentations where the opening should be and the bottom metal "foundation" is missing.

I also purchased 3 other buildings in the series that should go with this mixing hopper.  It would be nice if there was some picture or diagram that illustrates how all these buildings would be used together in a scene.

ncng87
Terry Toenges

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 07:48:22 PM »

You could try this for ideas on how to use them in a scene.
https://www.google.com/search?q=mixing+hopper+%22concrete+plant%22&lr=&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwicldGspa7kAhUqgK0KHeOBCtYQ_AUIESgB&biw=1279&bih=631&dpr=1.5

Feel like a Mogul.
Trainman203

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 08:02:15 AM »

Sounds like standard modeling skills from the past, or those of kit bashing of today, are applicable here.

Modeling the New Iberia and Northern 1945
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: