Adding accessory lights and effects to Bachmann factory decoders?

Started by STLRAIL, September 06, 2019, 04:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STLRAIL

Well folks, I think frustration has got the best of me. I am detailing/decaling 3 Bachmann S4 switchers for my freelance railroad. I purchased MRC decoders and speakers but the decoder is too thick to fit with the shell fully attached to the frame. I'm at my wits end with his decoder, unless I can find a smaller sound decoder I'm SOL going this route. My other idea was to simply purchase 3 DCC Sound Value S4's and swap the shells. My issue is this; I am adding functional rooftop beacons to my units, does the Bachmann factory sound decoder support the addition of a light like this, and can flash effects be used? Thanks for any help!

Hunt

The Sound Value decoder factory installed in the S4 is two function thus does not support the addition of any lighting requiring their own effects. Any additional lighting would be connected the headlight or backup light wire and the effects would be the same. 

bapguy

STLRAIL

Quote from: Hunt on September 06, 2019, 04:49:19 PM
The Sound Value decoder factory installed in the S4 is two function thus does not support the addition of any lighting requiring their own effects. Any additional lighting would be connected the headlight or backup light wire and the effects would be the same. 

Well there goes that idea. Is there a small sound decoder on the market that would work well in the S4?

bapguy

I did one I have. I tried to post a photo but no luck. I can send you an e mail telling you how I did it.And a photo. Let me know.   Joe

rich1998

You need a photo hosting site. Go down to the General Questions forum for instructions.

Rich

bapguy

All I saw the info for Photo Bucket. I have Flickr. Can't figure it out.   Joe

rich1998

Quote from: STLRAIL on September 06, 2019, 06:42:49 PM
Quote from: Hunt on September 06, 2019, 04:49:19 PM

Well there goes that idea. Is there a small sound decoder on the market that would work well in the S4?

Check the SoundTraxx decoder selector. Bachmann has always favored Soundtraxx decoders and speakers.
There is one for the S4. It does say Alco S4 DCC Ready. Not sure how different it will be from you loco.

https://soundtraxx.com/reference/decoder-selector

Rich

bapguy

Hunt

bapguy

Hunt, how did you get it to post? Thanks for doing this.   Joe

Hunt

Quote from: bapguy on September 07, 2019, 12:57:47 PM
Hunt, how did you get it to post? Thanks for doing this.   Joe

Joe,

In flickr

Click your photo to open it

Click the Share icon  (the curved arrow)

Click BBCode

Select Small 213 x 320 from drop down menu

Copy the code that is highlighted in blue

In ASK THE BACH MAN FORUM

Open your message

Paste where the photo is to display in your message

Click Preview button beside the Post button to view entire message before you Post it

Click Post

Hunt

Quote from: Hunt on September 07, 2019, 08:49:41 AM
Quote from: bapguy on September 06, 2019, 10:55:30 PM
[/url]IMGP9325 by Joe DuBois, on Flickr[/img]

Hope this works.   Joe

Joe,

Here is IMGP9325 you are trying to show

IMGP9325 by Joe DuBois, on Flickr

Joe --- Following is your photo centered without showing the link to it and without showing your name