News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Drawbar for spectrum k4

Started by MattLeMun, November 26, 2019, 12:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattLeMun

Hey everyone! I just received an ho spectrum k4 from eBay that I knew needed some work, such as the headlight but what I didn't expect was the drawbar to be broken. It is part no. 8410X-00K01. I emailed bachmann and they said the part is no longer available. Does anyone know where I can find one or if I can modify another kind of drawbar? Thanks

jonathan

I have made drawbars from old credit cards... very sturdy.

Regards,

Jonathan

Trainman203

Often said before-

Beware, O Beware of used engines on the internet!  They are a "pig in a poke!"

MattLeMun

That credit card trick sounds like a good idea!

MattLeMun

My only concern is the shape of the drawbar. It's an x-shape with prongs on the tips of the arms of the x that fit into grooves on the locomotive and the tender. One of the arms that connects to the tender was broken off and nowhere to be found it the box. The remaining arm holds the two together seemingly well, but I haven't had a chance to run the locomotive yet to see how well it holds up.

MattLeMun

Update- I looked closer at the parts page and I saw that the drawbar comes with the k4 chassis that is still available for purchase, so I just ordered that. It cost me 3x more than the part I needed, but I figure I can borrow more off the new chassis if I need to in the future