News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

christmas train

Started by barryrobph, December 27, 2007, 10:43:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barryrobph

I purchased after some thought the bachman christmas train from sam's club.  After taking 2 hours to set up and trying to run train, I realize I have no smoke switch.  I then dismantled train set, brought back to sam's to swap out, as luck would have it, No more train sets.  Now I have a train set I always wanted with no smoke switch.  Does anyone know how to bypass smoke swith, how do I obtain one, or am I just good and stuck.  I noticed last post by some else had no responses.  thanks barryrobph

altterrain

Its possible they did not put a smoke unit in this model. Running all those "purty lites" on the sides used up all the extra juice  ;) . I thought it was rather "brave"  to put smoke fluid in something unsure of where its going. I think the Bach-Man needs to chime in on this one.

-Brian
President of

rperego

Have you looked to see if it indeed has a smoke unit?  Pry the front cover off and have a look.  Pry gently from the bottom - or sneak some tool under the boiler to depress the bottom plastic clip.

I picked up the SAMs display unit but they are stripped of anything not essential to just displaying the train.  However, the boiler plate did have the paper note hooked to it that says the smoke switch is behind the cover.

the Bach-man

Dear Barry,
I don't have a sample, so I'll have to ask about the smoke unit. However, you can look down the stack to check. If there is, you'll see a ceramic reservoir, with a vertical stem wrapped in nichrome wire.
Have fun!
the Bach-man