News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 Moonlight / Wolf Observation car?

Started by AFML, September 16, 2019, 09:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFML

Assisting my elderly neighbor set up their Christmas Village for the up coming Holiday. Yea....I know....Little by little!
They have a starter set of the Moonlight or Wolf train and needed to find an Observation car to complete the set.
Was there ever one made? If so, is there a part number I can continue searching for or might you have one for sale? MANY THANKS in advance for your time!
Wes
P.S.: The set is: HAWTHORNE VILLAGE by BACHMANN, MOONLIGHT EXPRESS

p51

Wow, I've never seen a lighted drumhead or markers on any Bachmann stuff, was this after market?
-Lee

WoundedBear

Read the ad description. All modifications were done by the seller.

Sid

Terry Toenges

It's interesting that he talks about the other lights but says nothing about the drum head. I had never seen a lighted drum head on a Bachmann On30 passenger car.
Feel like a Mogul.

WoundedBear

I actually don't think the drumhead is lit. To me it looks like it is made from a clear plastic disc that is reflecting light from the overhead bulb on the deck. The disc is working like an optical light pipe and guiding a beam down through it.

Sid

Terry Toenges

I don't know. It looks pretty lit up to me, especially the outer ring. Look at the bottom of it. I don't think the light from above would bend around like that. It's not that bright. Maybe some light from the side lights. Even those aren't that bright. The lights are too far back from the disk. I don't think it's a clear plastic disk.
Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

The drum head is lit. I emailed him and asked him.
Feel like a Mogul.

WoundedBear

Ok.....that question is answered. The guy did a nice job with the lighting.

Sid

p51

Quote from: WoundedBear on September 18, 2019, 03:09:14 PM
Ok.....that question is answered. The guy did a nice job with the lighting.
I agree, but look at the paint, which is peeling. You'd think he could have gotten more with a 'normal' decent paint job on it. Anyone who really would appreciate the markers and drumhead (to pay as much as the seller wants) would likely want it in another paint than this...
-Lee

Terry Toenges

I thought that too about the paint. I wouldn't pay that price with it bubbling up like that. I really like what he did with it though
Feel like a Mogul.

AFML

Many thanks to all who replied and their 'observations'.
I was in error pertaining to the lit drumhead and modified my original post.
The search continues for an observation car to the Moonlight Express, or at least one that 'blends in' with the set.

J. S. Bach

Later Gator,

Dave

"A fruit is a vegetable with looks and money. Plus, if you let fruit rot, it turns into wine, something Brussels sprouts never do." ~P.J. O'Rourke

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

p51

Quote from: Terry Toenges on October 16, 2019, 03:27:09 PM
Thanks for that. I did not know that.
Not did I, you really can learn something new every day!
;D
-Lee