News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Doodlebug HO Great Northern

Started by UPIT, September 23, 2019, 01:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UPIT

I just recently acquired a "like new" Bachman HO Doodlebug.  It was still in the factory plastic wrap and was acquired from a deceased collectors display case.  It seems to run great except it has a very loud clacking noise which sounds like there must be a bad spot on the drive shaft from the motor to the front truck.  ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO CHECK THIS NOISE OUT?  I understand it was very common on these early Doodlebugs.  I could not find a video on YOU TUBE where this issue was addressed.  It sure would make it easier if such a video does exist.  ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.....Frank UPIT

rich1998

Welcome.

It does sound like a cracked gear right now.
Search the HO forum for Doodlebug for more info. You will find it. I have seen this issue in other forums. You can even Google this issue.

Amway, this link should show you much of the Doodlebug. You need to slip some tooth picks between the shell and the frame to slip the shell off from what I recall.
It might be a simple fix.

https://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=68_163

I think NWSL had a solution but not sure right now.

Rich

UPIT

:)THANK YOU...I contacted the new owners of NWSL yesterday and they will have the replacement wheel sets.  I have purchased a couple more Doodlebugs (HO) on eBay.  So I will definitely get some of the NMSL replacement wheel sets as soon as possible.  The part number I was given was 2588-6 I hope that is correct since it has been a long time since Doodlebugs were manufactured by Bachmann.  THANK YOU.

UPIT

I Got the replacement wheel sets from NWSL.  They have more in stock.

ANY HINTS ON HOW TO INSTALL THEM WOULD BE APPRECIATED....Thank You...