News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Items to re-release

Started by GordonPacific04, September 19, 2019, 04:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonPacific04

Just decided to join the Bachmann forums. I'll be talking about things that bachmann should re-release. To start off, the tar tanker because it's very iconic from James in A Mess. Salty as he is very relevant in the show and in not even sure why he was discontinued in the first place. The Old version of the mail car as well, because while I don't mind the CGI versions, the ones that have "SODOR MAIL" written on them is more nostalgic to me personally. I feel like these in my opinion are the bare necessities for me. Unlike the water tanker or the lobster car. (Like, seriously who owns those?) Anything that I missed?

TerencetheTractor525

Welcome to the forum! Those are very nice suggestions! I would love to see the tar tanker make a comeback in particular. As for anything you missed, what about the red express coaches?  ;)
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

GordonPacific04

Very good point and I can see it happening. I probably would beg for those a bit more if I didn't already have the Hornby ones.  :P.  (I prefer the coloring a bit more)

GordonPacific04

Oh and also the Gordon Express set. I feel like they need to make more themed sets because the selection we have right now is pretty bare. Maybe even one themed around James and the branch line coach's or Spenser and the special coach?

Chaz

Bachmann reps have stated themselves that they generally stick with Thomas being the only engine included in starter sets due to Thomas sets selling a lot better than sets for other characters like Gordon, James, Emily, etc.  Strangely the large scale Percy set is the only set still available in large scale but I think Bachmann is waiting for that set to sell out before announcing a new Thomas set.

Keep in mind too that most people who buy starter sets are usually those that are either just getting into the hobby or parents buying a train set for their kids to play with, which makes Thomas' presence in these sets all the more important.

If we do get any new sets anytime soon, I imagine it will probably be for the N scale range.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Sodor Engineer

What about narrow gauge train sets. :P
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

Sodor Engineer

And I agree that all of those items should be re-released I mean I THINK that Salty had more sales then Mavis I would love to have 4 of the tar tanker,but the mail cars as much as I would love to see them be re-released MATTEL  >:( would never let Bachmann make them but don't get me wrong I would much rather the older version then the newer.

Chaz

Quote from: thomas fan on September 20, 2019, 08:14:46 AM
What about narrow gauge train sets. :P

I thought about narrow gauge but considering how long the range has been going for, as well as being a very niche market as it is, there probably isn't much of a point in introducing one now.  Especially when sales for the range have already been over the roof, it kind of makes a starter set not really necessary for narrow gauge at this point.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Sodor Engineer

Ok that makes a lot of seance now.

sean1994rail

I could see Salty being re-introduced into the Bachmann range next, in 2020 if Stepney and/or Ryan don't get made. Salty has had better sales compared Iron 'Arry & Iron Bert, making the decision to discontinue Salty on his own along with his set that would made him exclusive to unjust, and he appears in merchandise and frequently on the show still.

Angelob6660

The re-release versions of freight cars I would like to come back like the SODOR MAIL mail van, TAR wagon, and James' Express coaches.

More returns wished to came back are OIL wagon, yellowish Salt wagon, and cattle wagon.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

steakandcake

Even though I already own one, I would go crazy if Bachmann brought back the tar tankers. Also I feel like Salty would sell a lot better if he was reintroduced, because I've seen quite a few people say they want a Salty but can't find one.