News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

BAC 44956

Started by Bobi, September 24, 2019, 04:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobi

Hi, does anyone know where I can purchase the following decoder BAC44956 for the Bachmann HO 50-Ton Two truck Climax. I think I looked just about everywhere?

Tx

WoundedBear

Any brand of small two function decoder with an 8 pin plug will work for you. The 44956 decoders can be hard to find.

Sid

WoundedBear

Sorry.....just realized you want the sound module, not a decoder. Good luck. They have been discontinued for a while now. You may find a retailer with one tucked away somewhere.

Sid

rich1998

Yes, I heard of a few others looking. I searched a couple months ago for an hour. No joy.
Bachmann did it's customers no favor by using modules.
To get sound, it looks like you will have to do some surgery.
Below is a link to the SoundTraxx decoder Selector page for Bachmann locos. Your loco is included.

https://soundtraxx.com/reference/decoder-selector

If you search the Internet, you might find someone who has done it. Maybe even You Tube.

Rich

Bobi

Thank you for the information.So, does that mean I have to remove the decoder that is in there now and replace it with TSU-1100 and purchase a speaker?
Does that also mean I have to purchase a resistor for the lights?
Tx

rich1998

Yes. A 1k, 1/8 watt resistor for each light. That allows about 9 ma current which is sufficient. Most people use a 1k resistor.
That is what I use to use. It has been about almost eight years since I did an install. Never used the present SoundTraxx decoders.
The decoders come with instructions. The SoundTraxx site shows the dimensions, specs on the decoder and speaker.
It might be a tight fit. It will be a hard wire. Follow the NMRA specs for DCC. Last I knew, Bachmann does not use the NMRA colors for the wires. Your mileage might differ.
Make sure you use the program track first to make sure the wiring is correct. I made a mistake once. The program track warned me. Not this engine.

Good luck.

Rich

Bobi

Thank you for your help !