Best and worst Thomas & Friends Product made by Bachmann?

Started by GordonPacific04, September 29, 2019, 09:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonPacific04

Here's a fun question: What do you all think is the best and worst Thomas Item made by Bachmann? Keep in mind to respect one another's opinion. I'll start. I love the Bachmann Edward. He is the most accurate model in the range. I don't like the lobster car. I think it's a very odd item because it was never in the TV show or any book from what I can recall.

Ronniethe14xxx

My favorite item is easily Duck, he's such a beautiful engine. The worst items in my opinion are that new diesel fuel co tanker and the green mail car, just seem like unneeded recolors

GordonPacific04

Duck is a wonderful model as well. The only problems I have with him are the buffer rims not being red and the whistle being part of the mold. Those are very minor flaws though.

sean1994rail

Most of the rolling stock brought out by bachmann in the last few years (Bar troublesome Trucks 5 and 6 and the Spiteful Brakevan) may look gimmicky, but some of such rolling stock are quite good IMO: Most notably:

Live Lobsters Van: While a similar van appears in the TV series, albeit without the lobster emblems, Lobsters are sea critters that are fished up with lobster pots and then sold with fish in the markets, so with that in mind this piece of rolling stock is a great addition to anyone's Flying Kipper train, especially as the large CCT van at the front of it.

Water Tanker: They appeared in the TV Series, especially the episode Toad and the Whale, and are necessary when Belle and Flynn are putting out big fires as they both can only hold so much water.

GWR Cattle Wagon and Ventilated Van: Nice if you want recreate flashback of Duck and/or Oliver's life on the Great Western Railway and goes well with the two engines.

Sodor Engineer

I think the worst engine would have to be James and the best engine would be Salty.
  The worst rolling stock would be the diesel fuel co. and the best rolling stock would be the flat car with paint drums those are what I think the best and worst are what are your ideas thanks for reading.
  thomas fan
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

Falcon the 2nd

In terms of HO engines, Duck is definitely one of the best that have been made to date. Toby and Mavis are also very solid contenders (at least in my book). Though I have not had the chance to own them yet, I've heard great things about Edward, Diesel and the Scottish Twins in the past.
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van

Sodor Engineer

My top 5 favorite engines would be.
   Salty
   Edward
   Rosie
   Toby
   Oliver
my top 5 lest favorite engines are.
   James
   grumpy Diesel
   Percy
   Spencer
   red Rosie(the reason why red Rosie is in hear is cuz she is just a re-paint)
I think you all will agree with me that red Rosie and grumpy Diesel are just the worst engines cuz they are just the same engine just a re-paint and a new molded face but that is just what I think.
thanks for reading, :)
   thomas fan.
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

Falcon the 2nd

I personally don't mind Grumpy Diesel that much since his face is a little more suited to his original personality and the base model has undergone a buffer paint error for a while now, but I can also see how most people were not too happy about it last year. Perhaps if it had been released a lot earlier on, then it would not have been as big of an issue. :-\

Red Rosie isn't released yet, so it wouldn't be fair to judge a product that is currently not on the market.

To my memory, Paxton was considered the least decent model yet and it was mainly for awkward face sculpting. Haven't kept up with fan input on it recently, though.
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van

Streak

Personally I think Paxton is my least favorite model. His face just looks so off to me. Grumpy Diesel is kinda lazy but the face is still a great face. And Red Rosie looks great.

I also feel that the rolling stock recolors are really over hated honestly. I really like the looks of most of them and wish they could be real rolling stock in the show. I especially love the Toffee Tanker. Hope it gets an HO release.

If I had to pick some cars I don't like though, they'd have to be the green mail van, the diesel fuel co. Tanker (should've been a Dieselworks tanker), and the blue mining car (even though it's not out yet).

steakandcake

Best: I'd have to say either Edward, the flat car with paint drums, or the mail car.
Worst: Hands down, Paxton.