Final Sneak Peek - Thomas the Tank Engine™

Started by InsideTrack, October 04, 2019, 02:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsideTrack

Last of our unpainted sneak peeks, but certainly not least, is another locomotive coming to our N Scale Thomas & Friends™ line. Thomas the Tank Engine™ (58791) will make a great addition to Annie and Clarabel on your layout.

https://www.facebook.com/Bachmanntrain/photos/a.183361240760/10157412314860761/?type=3&theater

Sodor Engineer

Wow that looks better then the ho and Tomix version can't wait to see more engines for the range thanks for reading,
thomas fan.
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

Chaz

Thomas looks great so far, can't wait to see him fully painted.  Looks like they really did intend on saving him for last!

As soon as I buy these the first thing I plan to do is to figure out how to add DCC to these models.  It will be challenging since these will be small models and not have a lot of space, but once I figure out a method I will be posting a How-to guide on the forum, likely in a new thread.  Only reason why I have to upgrade to DCC is because the club has an N scale layout too but the layout there is DCC. 

All the same I'm 100% sold on these models.  It'll be fun getting into this new range, especially when I could never get into large scale because of the large size and price of the models.  These though seem to have the opposite issue and I'm looking forward to sharing thoughts on them when they are out. 

In the meantime hope a starter set gets announced next year... and possibly a bright red engine too. ;)
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Falcon the 2nd

And there we have it! The last of the prototypes, at least for now, and it makes sense to end on Thomas. Likewise with Percy, his transition to N Scale is just about seamless so far. :)

I'm wholly sold on the range too and I think it can succeed in a variety of areas where Large Scale couldn't, mainly including characters and affordability. Hopefully, both of these engines can be painted by the time Toy Fair 2020 hits and that they'll be worth the currently unknown prices of admission.

And I wish best of luck for that certain red fellow!
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van

TrainFan97

I'm definitely sold on those N Scale models. They certainly were worth the hype when first announced back in February this year. Later on down the line, we should certainly get characters in N Scale we couldn't get in Large Scale, like Gordon, Henry and Spencer. Diesel was cancelled in Large Scale, but should join the N Scale line in the near future, but before that, the third N Scale engine has to be James.

Gordon wouldn't be anywhere near as problematic for N Scale as he would be for Large Scale. Same goes for any other big engine.

Soon, we should see how the N Scale models look fully painted. Their images will most likely be first seen in the 2020 catalog. For the Toy Fair in 2020, Bachmann should announce James, along with an N Scale Starter Set with Thomas, Annie and Clarabel.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

TerencetheTractor525

From looking at the images of the new N scale products again, I am decently happy with how these are turning out so far. Am a little disappointed that Thomas & Percy have CGI faces, but I guess that is to be expected these days  :-\. Nevertheless, I may begin to collect this new line too, but it would be nice to get Thomas, Annie, and Clarabel through a starter set rather than individually.
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.