Bachmann Closed Street Car Christmas with Track Reversing System

Started by RafVDM, October 14, 2019, 07:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RafVDM

Hello,

I'm totally ignorant on model training, but I do have a related question.
I've been trying to inform myself on the internet, but I got such an overload of information that by now I feel even more ignorant.
So I hope some of you out there can help me.

I would like to integrate the "Bachmann Closed Street Car Christmas" (item #25127) into my Christmas Village.
It needs to stay in the front so I thought of using it on the Nickel Silver E-Z Track Reversing System, named "Point-to-Point Reversing Track Set" on the box, "HO scale" mentioned at the bottom (item #44547).

Now my questions are:

1. Is this track set #44547 the right choice for this Street Car #25127?

2. The track set comes with 9" straight and 18" radius curved track segments. When I look at any picture the segments appear to be of the same length. So what do these 9" and 18" stand for? What are the exact physical lengths of these pieces, so I can calculate the total length of track in the box and extra segments I may need. I have almost 3 meters (9 ft 10") to cover.

3. If I get it right, the 2 non-reversing segments in the box are needed when attaching wagons. I probably do not need this pieces as this is for a street car only. But someone seems to warn that they may be needed to prevent locomotives hitting the bumpers. Could this happen to the Street Car too?
If so, can I replace the bumpers by these non-reversing segments and just cut them off to the necessary length? Or am I better off adding some "2.25" Straight Track" (#44513) between the auto reverse part and the bumpers?

4. It's not that easy to find Bachmann here in Belgium. And ordering in the States is no option as in Europe we use 230V at 50Hz instead of 110V at 60Hz.
Does anyone know where I can find a Bachmann seller in Belgium (preferably northern part) or the Netherlands (preferably southern part)?
I found a German seller that ships to Belgium, but if I can find a shop in Belgium or the Netherlands, I would very much prefer that.

Thank you all.

Terry Toenges

I can help you with a couple answers.
1. - 44547 is the correct track set that you will need.
2. - 9" straight tracks are 9" long. 18" radius curves are 9 7/16" long. Each 18" radius piece is 1/12 of a 36" (center line) diameter circle.  
3. - You do need some track pieces after the reversing pieces. The trolley is 7" long. On each "end" reversing piece, (before the standard piece) there is a gap in one rail. The trolley has to clear that gap in order for it to reverse. You can use any kind of standard piece between the last reversing piece and the bumper. It can be straight or curved. You don't have to use the bumpers if you don't want to use them.
Feel like a Mogul.

kewatin

maybe the DUTCHBUILDER ton who post here regular, from rotterdam,holland will see this and offer assitance.
  regards&later KEWATIN

RafVDM

Thank you Terry Toenges,
This does help me.

Thank you kewatin,
I have sent private messages to dutchbuilder asking to take a look at this post.
And if he knows of a shop in Rotterdam, I have a reason to visit my aunt overthere.  :D

Calypso,
I suppose that this is a general information, not telling me I should ask these questions elsewhere?
I will anyway redirect my questions one of these days.
So thank you to you too.

RafVDM

For whomever wants to know...

Bachmann UK directed me to their Dutch distributor who's only reply to my question for a seller was that ANY seller in Belgium or the Netherlands can order Bachmann products from them.
Really? No! I have sent almost two dozen of mails to shops in Belgium and the Netherlands, and was replied almost as many nocando's.

One Dutch shop maybe could help me and was going to verify but "it could take some time".
I'm still waiting, though I must admit that just a little more than a week has passed since.

But ... Tadaah! ... I found a shop in Belgium Flanders, no more than 60km (about 37 miles) away.
In the meantime they have ordered my street car, track reversing system and extra track pieces.
And a power converter as there appears to be no European version and we use 230V instead of 110V.

So finally ... My Street Car is expected in about 2 weeks.
I'm happy.  :D

Thank you all, including Dutchbuilder Ton who has replied to my private message.