BACHMAN HO Thomas the Train Engine

Started by Rgarestelus, October 21, 2019, 06:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rgarestelus

I have a Thomas Kinkade Christmas Express HO Bachman train set.  I recently bought a Thomas the Train HO engine. I was hoping it would run on my Thomas Kinkade track, however, it doesn't start up at all. Does it require a different power pack than the Thomas Kinkade set?

rich1998

Right now it sounds like an issue with the loco. Do you have a multi-meter for trouble shooting? If another loco was just running on the track, check the loco pickups and wiring. You might not even need a meter. Just a visual. Loco picks up on one side. Tender the other side. A wire from tender to the loco motor. I am not familiar with the set.

Rich

Terry Toenges

Thomas doesn't have a tender Rich. Thomas should run with the same power pack.
Feel like a Mogul.

rich1998

Well like I said in my first post post, check the pickups on the loco and the wires that go to the motor if any. I use a multi-meter for continuity but a nine volt battery with a couple wires would wonk. I had no idea what the set consisted of. I renumber DC trains some years ago. They are simple.

Edit. Pull the shell and move the motor shaft to make sure the armature is rotating. With a nine volt battery and two wires, touch the two motor contacts to see if the motor operates.
How about getting back to us?

Rich