News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Railroad (sorta) part IV

Started by Ken Huck, October 23, 2019, 08:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Huck

I'm baaaacck !

Just thought I'd show what I've been doing since part iii.

This is pretty much where I left off in part iii.  Waterfall is in, working on the 'downstream' side, and continuing
to develop 'the town'.

Here's the downstream side of the waterfall, and a few buildings being arranged to get the right fit.
The bridge is scratch built.

More of the same only from the North side.

Cardboard 'road' showing one of the roads will go into town.

One of Bachmann's Shays hard at work.  The 70-ton coal hoppers came as a set of six with all different
numbers.  They are also by Bachmann.  The short 2-bay MoPac hopper is from somewhere else, just can't
remember.

Another 'cardboard' road leading into town.

One more showing the road coming down into town on the lower right of the photo.

That's about for now, hope to finish up the creek and add more landscaping and foliage.

More to follow...

Ken

jonathan

bbmiroku

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

Ken Huck

Here's a little update to show the finalized town composition.

I tried to get the camera in the same location so as to make it easier to compare.

You can see by the types of establishments built here that it isn't really the town proper.  It's more like that
part of town that's "on the other side of the tracks".  And, there's two tracks to cross to get there.

Next I'll be doing more on groundwork.

Keep tuned...

Ken

Terry Toenges

I love the old buildings. They look really good.
Feel like a Mogul.

jonathan

I do like the old-timey feel of your little township.  It's going to be a great scene for your layout.  Congrats!

Regards,

Jonathan

Ken Huck

Finally finished with the "Poor side of town" by Johnny's river.  (pun intended)

Another angle.

This is from the 'creek' side.

From the Northwest side

Overall shot.

That's where I am now.  Next, I have to finish the creek, add water and wait for Johathan to finish his trestle.

Till next time,

Ken

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

jonathan

Looks great! Looking forward to the next step.

Regards,

Jonathan

Ken Huck

Thought I'd give a few final pics of the population and some close ups of the 'outskirts' of my town...

Looking from the West

...and looking back from the East.

Sharon's Meat Packing Bed and Breakfast is a popular spot to sample local cuisine.

The Long Branch is a social club.

...an ally...

...brewery on the right and general store on the left.

Tri-County Feed store.

Backside of Tri-County Feed store.

That's pretty much for Part IV.  Next I'll be working on the other end of my layout.

Stay tuned for Part V

Ken

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jonathan

Enjoying it... these poor folks are one drought away from closing shop and leaving a ghost town. Great stuff.

Regards,

Jonathan

WoundedBear

I like it Ken. Everything about it, I like.

I need to get some pics of my layout posted again. Your small town has the "look" I am trying to capture. Well done.

Sid

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.