News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

KA 4 install in SPECTRUM 4-6-0

Started by breezy8, October 23, 2019, 02:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breezy8

I installed a new TSC KA 4 in my 4-6-0 as per instructions  and it works great...my problem is...I don't have a headlight now....I saw a video somewhere that I should ( I think) clip one lead on the yellow horse shoe looking resistor (?)(I'm not a electronics expert) on the BACHMAN BOARD. Did I remember right???? Thanks in advance....BREEZY8

breezy8

Me again....the yellow horseshoe is a "capasitor" (SP) marked 105

rich1998

It has been some years since I did my Bachmann conversions but the PC boards had a C prefix for a cap and a R for a resistor. I remember the PC board is labeled where each wire connects. You can trace to each component.

Rich

breezy8

Thanks Rich1998, My decoder is hard wired to an 8 pin connector, which I plugged into the board. I spliced my KA4 into the green w/yellow stripe wire AND the  BLUE COMMON wire as per instructions. I did not alter any connections. I did see a video, on YOU TUBE that ( if I remember right) That I was to clip one lead of the capacior. I am wondering if I do this my headlight will work again....It has me confused   BREEZY8

rich1998

If you see what looks like two green resistors, thru are 4.7 uhy ferrite inductors. No resistance. They have a L prefix. Some locos they were wire wound.
All the PC boards I had seen were very clear. A few locos had dim lights because the LED resistors were a little high in mine.

I did see a link with TCS install but not a DCC ready loco.

Rich